NH antique store recommendation

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

batfish

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm heading out mother's day shopping in a bit. I was going to hit a few antique stores. I figured I might as well overload the trip with bottle shopping! Anyway, I know there are some NH folks around and was wondering if any of them could recommend an antique store that:

a) Has a good inventory of antiques in general (especially jewelry)
b) Has some bottles

I’m in the south of the state but would be willing to travel up to the lakes region.

Thanks!

woody

Reaction score
Go down route 4 in Chichester, NH and it's called Antique Ally. There is an antique store there called Austin's antiques that has some very nice bottles for sale and other nice antiques. The area down there is full of Antique stores.

batfish

Reaction score
Thanks Woody,

I ended up taking a ride down antique alley and succeeded in both of my missions! I ended up getting a nice ring from 1890 for the missus - the dealer through in a couple of old bottle to sweeten the pot as we were haggling. She has the bottles listed for $10 and $12 respectively, though that was probably too much.

One of the bottles is a green tinted beer (I think it's a beer) with a stylized HB embossed on the front, beneath the word 'registered'. On the bottom is says 'Holiman Brewers Lawrence'. Don't know how old it is, but it's kind of bubbly and whittled with what looks like could possibly be a pontil on the bottom. Not sure about that later point.

The second bottle is a brown bottle (jug shaped) with JND Wyeth & Bro. Philadelpia, Liquid Extract Malt. I'd guess it to be from the late 1800's.

Anyone know anything about these? I think they are fairly common, but if not, I will post some pictures.

One other thing - I saw an inconspicuous little store tucked a bit off the road advertising bottles. I walked in a met the proprieter, a nice older lady. I was floored by the sheer number of bottles they had! There were (literally) thousands! She said she and her husband had dug "most of them" and that they had been collecting for 40 years. Unfortuneately, they only took cash and all I had was plastic, so I was unable to add to my collection, there.

Anyone know these people? There names are Joan and Andy Stahre, from Northwood, NH. Email addy is olddigger72@aol.com. Neat shop!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75