Nice surprise

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jskirk

Reaction score
That is a nice paperweight Joe, would like to see it polished. Jay

brokenshovel

Reaction score
Hey Greg,

Wow, I'm impressed how well they cleaned up. Seems like some of the marbles would have lost considerable diameter to get them cleaned up. While that certainly jacks up the pre-polish value, does the reduced size hurt their value? Don't know whether collectors micrometer those things or not???

Clam

Reaction score
Well with marbles size is everything especially with handmade ones so but in my opinon you are taking something that is basically worthless in it's present state and by polishing it you make it valuable again. The hardcore collectors want marbles that are in there original condition they frown upon polishing as do some bottle collectors with cleaning bottles. But as with bottles if a marble is rare and in demand it just does not matter it will stand on it's own. And Tom I am pretty sure he can polish anything, I have to ask what makes you think that it is a paperweight ? Does it have a flat side ? Anyway I will put the guys email address here so if you want to contact him he will send you his price guide....Marblemender@Neb.rr.com

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
And Tom I am pretty sure he can polish anything, I have to ask what makes you think that it is a paperweight ? Does it have a flat side ? Anyway I will put the guys email address here so if you want to contact him he will send you his price guide....Marblemender@Neb.rr.com

Thanks Clam,...It does have a flat side, and the colored decorative glass inside of it is oriented to the bottom....I will email him. ~~ Joe

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Clam

Polished..........

567FE7EFFB7D4C2F961DD10191AF6624.jpg

Wow, Greg,

What a transformation!

fast-food-manicure-idea.jpg

GACDIG

Reaction score
When we find one, We don't through them back. We have an old saying, "if you fine a marble, it's good luck and you will find the next sweet bottle.....[:)]
gac

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky