No bottles, but a primitive something

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
I dove at this new wide river spot I found Tuesday. Really weird dive, sometimes when i dive alone, I get spooked, I just get weird feelings, and think there's gonna be a dead body or something behind the next rock. Just weird mojo, and no bottles.
I found these 4 items. A pretty common insulator, a milk glass thingy, and two nice shards, one is a cobalt blue paneled medicine. I think it would have been a Tilden bottle, which is a shaker bottle that would have been nice. I have dug shards of them before around here.

The other shard would have been a 1/2 pint flask, embossed "keen" in a circle on the bottom, would have been a beauty.

After I'd been down for 20 minutes, I popped up near the back of a someones back yard. A lovely woman was standing above me on the river bank when I popped up, maybe a mermaid? Nope, it was a Mom, with 3 kids in tow. The littlest 3 year old looking one, with little curly hair, yelled out over the roar of the river , " Do you live in the river?" It was pretty dang cute, I gotta say

4CA91AABADB540C997593C81516BC3CC.jpg

Attachments

• 4CA91AABADB540C997593C81516BC3CC.jpg
    4CA91AABADB540C997593C81516BC3CC.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 49

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
I don't know if that insulator is all that common. All of mine are common, and I don't have that one. As far as that other thing goes, I have no idea. It's metal, I assume. Okay, so you posted just before I did. So it's wood. Hmmmm...... ~Mike

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
The arrow head itself is possibly hammered iron? It looks like volcanic rock, but it's not.

I may have some Abanaki Indian relic here. Or I could be a fool, who dug the remnants of a 30 year old shovel or something. But if you are an expert on such things, and I've uncovered something cool, by all means , save face for me here.
Maybe part of a primative weathervane?

Thats all I got for tonight. thanks for reading

9630D89FF9154CF3B906DA48FA3C2A31.jpg

Attachments

• 9630D89FF9154CF3B906DA48FA3C2A31.jpg
    9630D89FF9154CF3B906DA48FA3C2A31.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 53

madman

Reaction score
hey bram cool finds,looks like part of a weathervane, nice find, the insulator im guessing is a keeper too

Plumbata

Reaction score
Wow, you just found probably the oldest shovel i have ever seen! Certainly has seen better days, but the wood part is in fantastic shape. I like the reinforced handle with no hole, looks like an old oar or paddle handle but that thing was a shovel i'm almost sure. Dunno about age but i'm leaning to the 1860s or well earlier. Imagine the bottles they were digging with that piece!

Perhaps if you dug more and dove less the nature of the piece would have been more immediately apparent! [;)]

Nice finds Bram, as usual. [:)]

Just Dig it

Reaction score
That looks like it could be for scraping the blubber off of a whale and cutting it.....id seriously look into it

Just Dig it

Reaction score
lol i thought the metal to wood situation was the other way around...i was way off base..but i guessed! goodluck on figuring it out..Great finds..Sry the flask had an Owie. Keep up the good work =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi