No fricking way!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
So last winter My bud and I were digging a site with some gold rush era refuse, and I found a beautiful pontiled blue cone ink. it was quite an exciting find, the blue cones are rare, and getting it in the pick I held onto it thinking I'd probably never dig another. The dig is in the current issue of Bottles and Extra's titled the "Union Hotel Dig". Well you can imagine my surprise earlier this week when I found another, I just about pooped myself! It was heart breaking to see the busted lip when I flipped it over fresh out of the ground and all I could think is wow, imagine if it hadn't been damaged? What a dig it would be...

Today I was digging away for hours, I went one way checking for a layer that ran out, and then headed back out and along another wall. After three hours it was looking like it might be a bust. Some days are like that, just gotta keep on keeping on, you know? Today wasn't one of them though, pulling some brick out of the fill I spotted a bottle, is it and ink? It sure looks like an ink... No fricking way! A blue pontiled cone...

A few more bottles came out after that, an OP Osgood's, and a little OP paneled utility, just a little frosting on top... what a day...

I thought the impression the Osgood's left in the mud was pretty cool...

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Wow! that Crawl is freakin producing some cool stuff! Is there an end to it? or is it loaded under there?

sandchip

Reaction score
I'm tickled to death for you, Matt! That line up of the blue cones is something else. Those are some of the coolest insitu pictures I've ever seen.

epgorge

Reaction score
Hey tique, what a rush! Nice dig. Hey, how do you get so many pictures in one post?
Ep

Conch times

Reaction score
Awesome inks Matt!! Keep diggin and keep posting pics!!! Thanks!!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky