Northampton or Catasauqua PA items wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wedigforyou

Reaction score
Hello we're looking to buy any bottles from the Northampton, Catasauqua, Coplay areas of Pennsylvania. Charles Lenhart or Catasauqua Brewing bottles from Catasauqua especially. Dairy items also. Thanks. Please reply if you're looking to sell any.

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
Greetings,

welcome to the Forum. great bunch of people on here, glad you found us. I am originally from catasauqua myself and dug more than a few August Hohl blobs in my day. my high school girlfriends father was the last brewmaster at the Old Dutch brewery. i'm sure between the forum here and searching on the various online auctions you'll be able to find what you're after. let me attach the site for an interesting catty item i'm following. is a medal for the 1914 homecoming.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170197952676&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

good luck in your journey. i'm thinking of bidding on the medal so let me know if you are interested so we don't bid against each other.

Jim

wedigforyou

Reaction score
Thanks Buzz,
No not interested in other collectibles. Sometimes I bid on Lenhart stuff and Eagle brewing but we won't be bidding against each other on the medal. Thanks for the heads up and the welcome. I've learned much from this site and forum.
WeDigForYou

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Hi Jim,

Since I just found this site recently, I've been reading old posts. I found an old crown top Kostenbader beer bottle - pretty light blue color. Took it to my dad to ask him about it. He told me that Kostenbader became Eagle Brewing Company (Old Dutch Beer). He also told me that Herman Kostenbader was - I'm going to quote from the Lower Macungie Township History book now - the principle owner and president of Lehigh Slag Company. Kostenbader had earlier taken a similar enterprise at the Hokendaqua plant of the Thomas Iron Company..... the slag was sold for a variety of purposes, but much went into highway contruction, including the Northeast Extension of the PA Turnpike from Emmaus to the Blue Mountain Tunnel. The slag was from Lock Ridge Furnace in Alburtis.

There's a drinking and driving joke in there somewhere.......

Kate

wedigforyou

Reaction score
That's really interesting stuff and I did take the joke the correct way! [:D]

JKaiman

Reaction score
I'm looking for a bottle from Coplay Bottling works which was renamed the Rubasky Bottling Works. Which was located at 28 S. Front Street in Coplay, PA. This business was ran by my late Great Grandparents Joseph and Anna Rubacky. I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks JoAnne Rubasky-Kaiman

wedigforyou

Reaction score
I have Coplay Bottling Works bottles to sell but none with the name on it. Sorry. I have never seen one with the name on it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18