Northeast Louisiana digging partner

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I live in Monroe. I’m actually new to this. But have dug several times on family property. Anyone in north Louisiana needing a partner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willong

Reaction score
I live in Monroe. I’m actually new to this. But have dug several times on family property. Anyone in north Louisiana needing a partner?

Welcome to the site. Good luck on your digs and finding a partner. I worked awhile on a historical preservation project in Natchez (near Nachitoches) where the garden paths were lined with antique bottles. Your part of the country is certainly old enough to contain some goodies.

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Good luck on your digs and finding a partner. I worked awhile on a historical preservation project in Natchez (near Nachitoches) where the garden paths were lined with antique bottles. Your part of the country is certainly old enough to contain some goodies.

You just really got me motivated! Thank you! Natchez is dripping in history! I remember stories of the brothels in Natchez when I was growing up. I’m near Vicksburg too. Would love to hunt and dig there as well.

willong

Reaction score
Although it sometimes make me feel like a pusher enticing someone into a fresh addiction:D, I'm glad I could help motivate you!

I've posted other images of the bottle garden at Oakland Plantation to this forum previously. I found both a new image and link today when searching online in an attempt to not repeat previous insertions.

Here is part of what I found today:
1632594983553.png

A brief history and description of the garden is at the link: https://www.nps.gov/places/oakland-bottle-garden.htm

The Cane River Creole National Historical Park was an interesting place to work, and quite a different environment from what I was accustomed, having spent most of my life in the cool and evergreen environs of Washington's Olympic Peninsula. Unfortunately, I had serious disagreement with how the project was managed; so, I left a 4-year term position and took a $2.47 per hour pay cut in order to work a Summer seasonal appointment in Glacier National Park in Montana. That said, I would like to visit the site again sometime to see how it turned out.

Should I ever manage to address that line item of my ridiculously long bucket list, I'd be happy to send you a PM to see if you'd be interested in teaming up on a dig or two (I could not spare the time to go out bottle hunting during my time at Cane River Creole National Historical Park.)

Regards,

Will

CaptCampin

Reaction score
Hi Rebecca This is JJ I live near Monroe and do a lot of metal detecting and indian artifact hunting And i pick up bottles when i spot them Lmk if youre interested in catching up

Reaction score
Hi Rebecca This is JJ I live near Monroe and do a lot of metal detecting and indian artifact hunting And i pick up bottles when i spot them Lmk if youre interested in catching up

When will you be going out?

CaptCampin

Reaction score
Ty for the reply. Im planning on heading down to the Sicily Island hills on superbowl sunday. I found a spot from the 20s there. Lots of old railroad artifacts and im sure ill find the dump this trip. Im not a football fan sorry. Hope its not a deal breaker.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac