Not liking the weather too much..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

peejrey

Reaction score
Woke up at 3 this morning with our siren going off...Flew down the steps to the basement and wathed the doppler. Damn thing missed us by 2-3 miles to our south. Got some hood inflow during it to take some roof out of our greenhouse, and take down the flag pole, but the scarriest was the power going off then hearing the wind change directions....We're fine, sleepy but fine I feel for all the people elsewhere with so much damage. Nashville, Dickson, Perry, Coble, ect.. Hope everyone else is ok, am watching the doppler and they're still spinning up..
Oh and all bottles are accounted for.
AND THE FINAL COUNT FOR US IS..
Wind: 1 Flag Pole: 0

_Preston

epackage

Reaction score
Happy to hear you're safe my friend, I can't imagine living in an area where tornados are common, stay safe...

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Bad weather is coming tonight for us lots of rain and 60 mile an hour winds. I am just glad it is not SNOW! rain goes away snow don't

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
I am glad everyone is safe, they delayed all of our schools here in Alabama by 3 hours today but thank God nothing hit us. I was in a house during a tornado last April when a tree came through our living room, I will never forget it!

Brains

Reaction score
Nothing crazy happening in Columbus (ohio) yet, maybe we won't get anything-
-while i was staring at my car in attempt to figure out why it's valve cover would be leaking any oil, a somewhat violent storm passed by, and it only lasted for about 10 minutes.
It goes: Calm, super windy, and now... calm again. NPR says the high today was in the 60's and my computer says it's 40 degrees now. NPR claims it's gona' be 21 tonight... wut.
My cat didn't know what to think of it, so he looked at the rain and wind for a few minutes, then decided to go to sleep while i dismissed it as the new normal and went on staring at the various components in my car's engine bay.

If it's 60 at some point in the day and 21 later the same day there's gona' be some bad weather... but it seems to have missed us. We might get some snow. Me and snow, we're cool... but snow and my car have a problem.

peejrey

Reaction score
I can see that the weather across the country is obviously rapidly changing, and really I have found nothing else to call it then climate change. I don't know what to think anymore.. I remember back when I was little and we would have some cold azz winters, with tons of snow. No tornados or sever weather. We never had that problem, or from what I can remember. It seems more and more like there is a very rapid development from the last 50 years or so just from studying the climate patterns you can see the changes..I don't know though...could just be irregular patterns, but thats why I mostly just watch anr record weather data..Meteorology is quite facinating..
Good luck to everyone up north, not much left of a town in our couty named Coble...poor people..
Have fun in ze snow!
_Preston

glass man

Reaction score
Weather has always been strange where I live on MARS![:D]

No it really has..some winters warm all season..some it can get down to 5 degrees and a few rare times a little below 0...yesterday it was like a monsoon and then it got cold fast!

The only blizzard I have ever seen was in 1993 and it was in ..MARCH!The month we usually worry about tornadoes..Man I know this ain't knew to some of you..But I had never seen it snowing so hard you couldn't even see through it and heard thunder...

It is sunny today a beautiful..tomorrow round here?Even the weather folks can;t get it right round here a lot of times...

PRESTON GLAD YA'LL ARE OK!It was supposed to be like that here..but it moved more North then they thought it would...JAMIE

Stardust

Reaction score
Jamie, and all my friends you have all been in my prayers. I'm
glad u r all safe. This weather is crazy. Where I live we have been
having up to 75 mph winds. My house felt like it was going to blow
away and when my phone rang @ 4 am I was
terrified. We are all ok today. There was a lot of damage around the
state, as the winds were as strong as the last hurricane.

We need to remember to check on older neighbors. Make sure they have
heat, food and water if we are going to the store.

Be safe all. <3 star *

Brains

Reaction score
Guy in one of my classes today says, in response to the blowing snow outside, "...it was 60 degrees yesterday........."
to which i had to say, "it was also 20 degrees yesterday :p"

...60 in the afternoon, and it got down to like 20 or 30 at night- nice.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi