Not old but nice to find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

east texas terry

Reaction score
IMG_1972.JPG
IMG_1971.JPG

Shellbay

Reaction score
I found one about a year ago and was thrilled! I started painting it, but still haven’t finished decorating the dress! Awesome you have 2 sizes!

DavidW

Reaction score
Those are still very common but I think they will gain value as the days go by. "Figural bottles' made in the modern era aren't all that plentiful, compared to the billions of plain and uninteresting bottles made for products in the grocery stores nowadays.

One interesting thing about these bottles are that they were made by several different glass companies, and most have a glassmaker mark on the bottom, and some (most?) have date codes.

About 2 years ago there was a big spike in sales on ebay of the figural Mrs. Butterworths bottles when the news broke that the Aunt Jemima syrup bottles were going to be restyled and Aunt Jemima brand would be retired. (Those 2 bottles are actually "Mrs. Butterworths" syrup bottles (a separate brand / competitor) but the confusion among the public caused people to start bidding on the older glass Mrs Butterworth's bottles --- up over a hundred dollars on some auctions on ebay. I'm sure the market has went back down now after all the excitement there for a while.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I've noticed prices going up on these, when I starting digging about four years ago and finding these, you couldn't give them away, kinda wish I had held on to a couple, I'm sure I'll find more in the future.

Latest posts

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp