Not very old but the graphics are cool

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
From a radio station in Chicago

Attachments

• 20210613_192336.jpg
    20210613_192336.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
  • 20210613_192230.jpg
    20210613_192230.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133

Toma777

Reaction score
My High School girlfriend was born in Chicago, and I drove through Chicago a few times. I had a High School friend named Kevin Dahl. My head is still thumping from all the tiny disco floors I danced on in college.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
My High School girlfriend was born in Chicago, and I drove through Chicago a few times. I had a High School friend named Kevin Dahl. My head is still thumping from all the tiny disco floors I danced on in college.
What I'm talking about was a promotion Chicago White Sox Chad if you brought a disco album you got in for a dollar. The disc jockey Steve Dahl between the doubleheaders was going to blow up, did blow all the albums was only the second time at Major Baseball history a game had to be forfeited the other was Cleveland nickel beer night. It wasn't quite a riot but it was pretty Rowdy fans poured onto the field they had to Forfeit the second game.

Gramr

Reaction score
Interesting haven't seen "fish killer" pull tabs since early 70's. Thrown in after opening they would flash like a lure as it sank. The rest is obvious. I'm on west coast BC the company l work for is Coho Concrete Pumps as the mechanic. Coho, the salmon is know to put up a fight!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Interesting haven't seen "fish killer" pull tabs since early 70's. Thrown in after opening they would flash like a lure as it sank. The rest is obvious. I'm on west coast BC the company l work for is Coho Concrete Pumps as the mechanic. Coho, the salmon is know to put up a fight!
I do a charter every couple years on Lake Michigan they certainly are fun to catch

willong

Reaction score
I do a charter every couple years on Lake Michigan they certainly are fun to catch

I was surprised to see Coho associated with a Midwest locale. Doing a little online searching, I see they were introduced as a check on Alewife populations--how is that working out?

I have lived on Washington's Olympic Peninsula more than anywhere else for the past half-century. At one time, this was the land of great Coho and Chinook salmon fishing both. As I understand it, the Elwha River Chinook were, before damming of the river killed off their reproduction, the largest race of the species with individuals that exceeded 100 pounds in weight. (Canadians make the same claim for Tyee salmon; and I suspect the races share genetics.) It would not hurt my feelings to see a race of giant salmon restored to the Elwha system now that the dams have been removed. When much younger, I would hike as much as twenty miles up the Elwha to fish for wild native Rainbow trout. Never seriously thinking that dams would actually be removed, I used to fantasize about what an experience it would be to hook into wild salmon in such fantastic settings.

1623853767826.jpeg

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I was surprised to see Coho associated with a Midwest locale. Doing a little online searching, I see they were introduced as a check on Alewife populations--how is that working out?

I have lived on Washington's Olympic Peninsula more than anywhere else for the past half-century. At one time, this was the land of great Coho and Chinook salmon fishing both. As I understand it, the Elwha River Chinook were, before damming of the river killed off their reproduction, the largest race of the species with individuals that exceeded 100 pounds in weight. (Canadians make the same claim for Tyee salmon; and I suspect the races share genetics.) It would not hurt my feelings to see a race of giant salmon restored to the Elwha system now that the dams have been removed. When much younger, I would hike as much as twenty miles up the Elwha to fish for wild native Rainbow trout. Never seriously thinking that dams would actually be removed, I used to fantasize about what an experience it would be to hook into wild salmon in such fantastic settings.

View attachment 226473
Well you got me, I'm going to have to look into a charter soon Not Unusual hooking a 20-pounder I'll try and find some photos to post

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those tabs are very rare to see these days but not entirely gone, at least not as of a few years ago. You can still see them on a very small number of imported drinks. I didn't know about them being an issue for fish but of course it makes total sense.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264