Oak Cliff dump?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

arz

Reaction score
Hello! I've been wanting to, as I tend to call it when talking to friends and family, "look for cool old garbage" for a little bit now and I'm trying to find somewhere near me (DFW) to try mudlarking and/or bottle digging. I've browsed around the forum a bit and I've seen multiple mentions of an Oak Cliff dump, but I can't seem to figure out exactly where it is or how to get to it. Someone in another thread mentioned that there might be a dump around the intersection of Zang Blvd and Cedar Creek and I tried driving over there, but I couldn't figure out where to park or how to access the creek (I don't mind walking/hiking, but I'd like to know where I'm going first lol). Not sure if it's bad etiquette to directly ask for locations, but if anyone doesn't mind sharing any locations in the DFW area, I'd really appreciate it!

east texas terry

Reaction score
Hello! I've been wanting to, as I tend to call it when talking to friends and family, "look for cool old garbage" for a little bit now and I'm trying to find somewhere near me (DFW) to try mudlarking and/or bottle digging. I've browsed around the forum a bit and I've seen multiple mentions of an Oak Cliff dump, but I can't seem to figure out exactly where it is or how to get to it. Someone in another thread mentioned that there might be a dump around the intersection of Zang Blvd and Cedar Creek and I tried driving over there, but I couldn't figure out where to park or how to access the creek (I don't mind walking/hiking, but I'd like to know where I'm going first lol). Not sure if it's bad etiquette to directly ask for locations, but if anyone doesn't mind sharing any locations in the DFW area, I'd really appreciate it!
I Have dug oak cliff but now there are hundred,s homeless live there

arz

Reaction score
update! went to a park with a friend today and decided to look along the creek nearby just in case there was anything interesting. We weren't actually expecting to find anything, but we ended up with a few small jars and a broken vase. We didn't go too far because we didn't bring a bag or any tools so we could only take what we could hold, but we may have to go back sometime to see if there's anything else. Probably nothing particularly unique or valuable (the weird headless green doll is definitely a modern plastic toy, but I thought it was funny so I took it anyway), but finding anything at all is exciting!
IMG_5379.jpg

Screwtop

Reaction score
The problem with finding dumps is, not many people are going to be willing to share their spots.I was lucky to know of a dump that my grandfather dug at in the 1960s. What I didn't know, is that dump had a much larger section to it 50 yards away. A local was kind enough to lead me to it when I expressed an interest. Locals are an excellent resource, just know that you won't be the only digger there.

yacorie

Reaction score
Go there and tell them all you’re interested in buying old bottles they might dig up in the dump. See what they come up with - but meet them somewhere else

celis06

Reaction score
Hi. Did you ever find the location?

hemihampton

Reaction score
I Have dug oak cliff but now there are hundred,s homeless live there
Sounds like Detroit I dig in, Hundreds of Homeless there also, They don't like you there either unless they can beg for some money off you. Since I now work in Detroit I gotta deal with them almost daily, or every time I go out to Lunch & they are at the Fast Food line Window just waiting for you. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi