Odd aluminum snap cap.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I get an automotive feeling from this one as well. It wouldn't be a structural component on its own due to being so thin, but it could have fit snugly over top of something steel to give it a shinier look and prevent rust.
It seems to be unanimous. I appreciate your reply. I find alot of I believe Canadian bottles in this area. Dominion and others that look English. All late 1920's-1930's. I think it was a dump for a speak easy. Lot of liquor bottles... Clams, Oysters, Escargot and Pate de foie gras ceramic cups & lids all over the place. Life was obviously good! This goes back to the 1880. Other areas close by go back even further.
ROBBYBOBBY64

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It seems to be unanimous. I appreciate your reply. I find alot of I believe Canadian bottles in this area. Dominion and others that look English. All late 1920's-1930's. I think it was a dump for a speak easy. Lot of liquor bottles... Clams, Oysters, Escargot and Pate de foie gras ceramic cups & lids all over the place. Life was obviously good! This goes back to the 1880. Other areas close by go back even further.
ROBBYBOBBY64
Interesting to hear that you're finding Canadian bottles down there, would make sense in the Prohibition era though. A huge amount of liquor came over the border in those days, because there was no law against making it for export up here, even if the export came in the form of rum-runners smuggling it over! I don't think many Canadian bottles were exported during any other era, at least based on what I see people posting on here.
Even up here we don't get that many US bottles, in the sense of bottles actually made in the US (of course many are marked as being from US cities, but the bottles were made domestically).
We see a lot of UK bottles up here too, it seems that the fancier an establishment was the more UK bottles they threw away. It seems that our domestic products were considered somewhat lower class, especially in terms of food and beverages. Someone up here dug the dump at the governor general's residence back in the 70s, and almost everything there was from the UK, it looks like they were barely using any local products. (If you aren't familiar with what the governor general is, well... it's complicated, and honestly I don't think most Canadians really understand what the governor general actually does either. But for an analogy in terms of importance rather than what the role actually is, it's roughly equivalent to someone digging the dump behind the vice presidential residence).

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I knew about the exporting. You are right about the foreign exports. I find Gin from Scotland, whiskey from Ireland, foreign beer bottles . Loads of dominion bottles. Hock wines and Champagne are a frequent find here also.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Bohdan

Reaction score
I found this odd looking aluminum snap cap. It is domed and not dented. I took a couple of pictures of it and the last picture is my guess as to what it goes to. It is very close to fitting. What do you all think this cap belongs to?
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Possible wheel cap for "Radio Flyer" type o wagon ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado