Odd Ink...

DeepSeaDan

Too many places for the ink to get stuck in and wasted. I think it’s a one off made from left overs. Frankinbottle . Someone had a bottom middle and top left over from 3 different bottles and made there own bottle . An amateur bottle maker so to speak.
Well, that is a novel idea! It's kinda fun trying to discover what this little fella was used for, but a bit frustrating as well. There's always hope one of the good membership will recognize it & solve the riddle.

CanadianBottles

Well, that is a novel idea! It's kinda fun trying to discover what this little fella was used for, but a bit frustrating as well. There's always hope one of the good membership will recognize it & solve the riddle.
I don't think I really buy the frankenstein idea, putting together a few different molds seems like it would be a lot of work and I don't know why anyone would bother finishing the lip on something like that. I really think it's some sort of specialized bottle for a niche use. Hard to say what though.

willong

Wow that's quite the inkwell, never seen one of those before! I assume it was meant to screw into a desk, probably was intended to be refillable. It's got a strangely crude and utilitarian top for a refillable ink though. Maybe intended to have some sort of metal cap?

In the photo, it looks to me like those are not functional threads--they seem to be both L/H and R/H as well as interrupted. I think they are just decorative elements.

Jamdam

Just my 2 cents as an ink collector, never seen it, not in Covill or any other ink guide I have so believe it’s something else. Probably industrial or scientific use but really no reference, just a guess.

embe

Looks to me more like those ridges are for insulating wire instead of threading into anything. My opinion... but it's a question for sure. Thinking something got broken off on the hollow end

saratogadriver

Just my 2 cents as an ink collector, never seen it, not in Covill or any other ink guide I have so believe it’s something else. Probably industrial or scientific use but really no reference, just a guess.

I'm another ink collector who has never seen this one. Agreed not in Covill and I don't think it's in Faulkner 2nd. I'm also guessing something commercial or lab. But that's only a guess.

Jim G

Chukason

Kinda looks like the lid to the glass container that was shown in a earlier post with the top broken off but I could be wrong

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christabel