Odd jar lid

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deenodean

Reaction score
I found a new dump several weeks ago..found some Canadian and American stuff..here is an odd jar lid that I found.you can see the lid in the middle of the picture below that glass insulator...It has written underneath... PATd APPLIED FOR
...it has an S shaped grove thru it...comments anyone as to what it might be off??

100_6554.jpg

100_6702.jpg

100_6703.jpg

digginthedog

Reaction score
The lid goes to a SINCLAIRS fruit jar.. called the SCHIES patent (closure), some of the lids are marked with PATD JANY 11TH 1898, these went to a number of different product jars, also refered to as a serpentine lid. JB

deenodean

Reaction score
wow, that was fast JB..just looked in my RB book, it shows the lid, closure and jar..it is # 2637-1.... T.M.Sinclair & Co Pork Packers Cedar Rapids, Iowa..hope I can find the jar..the dump I found it is is TOC..imagine that jar made its way all the way up here 100 + years ago!! many thanks...BTW, it is for sale if someone wants it.. [:)]

digginthedog

Reaction score
I've dug several of the dated serpentine lids with the jars... but of coarse ,the rare crooked wire was long gone, never run across the one you dug... so odds are long I'll ever dig the jar... Keep digging your area ya just never know... Good Luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp