Odd Soda. Anyone Recognize the Form?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Anyone recognize this aqua soda(?) form? I picked up the bottle in a Caribbean country just because I hadn't seen one like this before. There is no embossing.

I believe it is from the second half of the 19th Century, with an applied, tooled lip. The sharp shoulder appears at first glance to have a mold seam, but I believe it is just a groove in the mold at the start of the shoulder.

In the Caribbean, a bottle may be British, or it may be from just about anywhere bottles were made. If you recognize the form, your help would be appreciated.

soda_mystery_A.jpg soda_mystery_base.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
without any embossing it be next to impossible to determine who used it , and in that area ships would of been arriving from all over the world , so a bottle could be from anywhere

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
without any embossing it be next to impossible to determine who used it , and in that area ships would of been arriving from all over the world , so a bottle could be from anywhere

I'll put this response in the "I have no idea" column.

Bottle-making traditions (e.g. tradional shapes or lip finishes) vary from country to country. What I'm asking is: Do you recognize this bottle as a traditional form from one country or another?

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18