Offended a fellow member here...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be offered first shot at 3 or 4 bottles that I didn't have in my collection by a fellow member here. I had asked for him to give me prices on what he wanted and he told me to let him know what my offers were, sadly my offers must have been too low and he had to be completely offended because he has not responded to my many attempts at contact. I would like to apologize to him here, and as I said to him in my e-mails, I am sorry if my offers were too low.

I would have loved to have added the bottles to my collection and I'll no longer be making the offers in deals like this because there isn't anything to really go by value wise when you collect local bottles like I do and you either end up paying way too much or you offend a fine seller and fellow collector who you've done business with in the past and had hoped to do more with in the future. Oh well, live and learn, and I hope he sees this because I am truely sorry for offering too low a price. I hope we can get over this and do business in the future when I find bottles that he collects.....Jim[&o]

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
You offended someone? hmmmmppff I would have never guessed. Your such a nice guy.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: PrivyCheese

You offended someone? hmmmmppff I would have never guessed. Your such a nice guy.
I am with alot of people, I just don't like your politics PC.....Jim

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

You killed Kenny! You Bast@rd!
Lobes I have a feelin' you and I would get along great even though you're a no good Sox fan and I'm pinstriped from head to toe...[8D]

Jim

Reaction score
I know where you're coming from, Jim. I know I'm glad to have dug a lot of my rare and obscure local bottles, because I would have hated to have to put a cash value on them to make an offer. It can be downright impossible, as two knowledgeable collectors can have two very different opinions on any local bottle.

I bought a very good local bottle from a good friend a while back. After talking to a few people and thinking about it, I decided that I did not pay him nearly enough (in my opinion, anyway). I hooked him up with a few more good locals that I had doubles of to make it up, and he was pleasantly surprised.

On the other side of the equation, a guy that I used to dig with thought that every local druggist bottle that was "previously unknown" was a $350 bottle [&:] I just laughed while he tried unsuccessfully to get $350, then $100, then 50 from everyone else, then I would buy them. The "what if" of someone else buying them was in the back of my mind, but it never happened. Glad I held out and never fell for the trap, it could have cost me a lot of $$$. ~Jim

rockbot

Reaction score
It happens a lot more then you think Jim. Its always tough when some one says make me an offer... I usually just say, well what do you want for it? if its too high then I'll tell them what I'd pay for it or just tell them, maybe next time.[:)] To me when people say make me an offer they're just fishing around for the best price someone will pay.

Don't feel so bad.[;)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Jim

On the other side of the equation, a guy that I used to dig with thought that every local druggist bottle that was "previously unknown" was a $350 bottle [&:] I just laughed while he tried unsuccessfully to get $350, then $100, then 50 from everyone else, then I would buy them. The "what if" of someone else buying them was in the back of my mind, but it never happened. Glad I held out and never fell for the trap, it could have cost me a lot of $$$. ~Jim

Your a mean one,Mr Greed---- your as nasty as a skunk,your as sneaky as a mongoose,your a big ole greedy punk,Mrrrrrr Greeeeeeed!
Hey I know that guy!![8D]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

Lobes I have a feelin' you and I would get along great even though you're a no good Sox fan and I'm pinstriped from head to toe...
I'm actually a pretty lovable guy. Well not so much lovable as mildly tolerable. To be truthful I have no idea why my friends put up with me, but I get along with most everyone. Well no one if truth be told. Something wrong with me really.

This weekend we'll be going into the heart of the Evil Empire. Not a good, warm, snuggly feeling coming over me on this one. Maybe Varitek will slap A-Rod out of his shoes again. We might win that way [:D] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlDB8WYzp-c
Good luck, I always feel better about our chances when the Sawx are playing well and not bad like they are now...[;)]

bottle_head9

Reaction score
The last bottle I tried buying here was a olive phoenix bitters.Seller wanted $350.00 for it.I gladly accepted.Wouldn`t you know some do gooders had to contact the seller and tell him that his bottle was worth soooo much more.Well you know the seller didn`t want to sell to me any more.Thanks do gooders[:'(]Next time mind you owne business...[:'(][:'(]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac