Offering a free bottle to you...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lkranieri

Reaction score
I am SLOWLY downsizing, preparatory to a move in a couple of years, and there is a LOT of stuff I want to move out of here, but am loathe to throw away if it is of interest to others. This is an inkpot I picked up at a house sale several years ago and I am happy to give it away for only the cost of priority mail postage (easier for me to persuade my husband to take it to the PO if it is already labeled and paid for). I will leave the offer up until about Sunday, Sept. 20. If more than one person is interested, I will draw a name from the requests.

The bottle label is marked "Gunther Wagner" "Pelikan Fount India" "Drawing Ink (for?) Fountain Pens" (the word after 'ink' is covered by ink). The back is embossed "71" and below it is very hard to read, but I think I see "German" (or 'Germany?'). Whatever ink was left in it dried up long ago. I don't feel any chips in the glass.

Any ideas on the approximate date for this?

Thank you for helping me clean out!

EDITED TO ADD: The bubble marks you see in the fourth and fifth photos are not, I am sure, crackled-glass marks, just dried ink bubbles.
PelikanInkpot1.JPG

PelikanInkpot2.jpg

PelikanInkpot3.jpg

PelikanInkpot4.jpg

PelikanInkpot5.jpg

PelikanInkpot6.jpg

Last edited:

Drift

Reaction score
It's not what I collect, but a very neat bottle, great detailed photos, and very generous of you!

Lkranieri

Reaction score
I see now there is a forum for selling (which I am not) and trading bottles (I don't want one in return or I will never empty this house). I assume now I should have posted this there. Can my post/thread be moved?

Drift

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum