Ohio Bottle Collectors! Can You Help Me?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

historicantiques

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I don't have a way to post a photo of the bottles I refer to in this query, but I will in time. In the mean time, has anybody every seen a labled bottle or seen reference to one, that said "Dr. Spivey's Asthma Cure"? I found two of them in a basement of an old house in Chicago in 1973. They came inside paper packaging that had "Dr. Spivey's Asthma Cure" on it, complete with booklets describing their miracle cure benefits. They are both full of the medicine as somebody forgot about them for over 100 years.

The bottle is embossed with "Spivey Medicine Co" and underneath that "Oxford, Ohio."

Can anyone tell me their approximate age and if they are common and found elsewhere?

Thank you!

Paul

Anthonicia

Reaction score
Not my specialty by any means, but I seem to remember seeing them before. Even if it is a common bottle it is not common to have the original packaging and booklet. Would be better to post in New finds thread. More people in there collect medical bottles. Good luck.

historicantiques

Reaction score
Thanks Anthonicia, I'll do that. The bottles are made with applied lips and yes, it's uncommon to find them with all their original paraphanelia. I'll post this query in the section you indicated. I have another bottle from Ohio, a crude hutchison-type soda which I'll also query in the near future. It's packed up, but as I recall, it has embossed as a name "A. Seibt"; can't remember the town.

OK, thanks again!

Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94