Okay to dig on city property ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bohdan

Reaction score
Depends how bad you want to get to that spot. I'm not a fan of trespassers...but if you ask permission and they deny...and you still do it anyways...they probably won't go very easy on you
So don't ask.

relic rescuer

Reaction score
Aww c'mon. Is there a law in that city that specifically forbids it?
Don't be such a tight-a##.
Tight ass? You mean one who actually thinks things thru? The reason why they make laws for stuff like that, is people like you, who ignore responsible, adult behavior, and think they can just do whatever they want, whenever they want... And then nobody gets to do it.

Bohdan

Reaction score
Tight ass? You mean one who actually thinks things thru? The reason why they make laws for stuff like that, is people like you, who ignore responsible, adult behavior, and think they can just do whatever they want, whenever they want... And then nobody gets to do it.
Yadda Yadda Yadda

hemihampton

Reaction score
Luckily I usually dig in crack town gang infested area of Detroit where the Cops barely go. But on the Rare occasions when they have stopped & asked us what we were doing & we say Digging old Bottles they seem to not care at all, they got better things to do & say have fun, & leave. Met some Cops that are on the Diving team & collect Bottles them selves that they have recovered in Detroit River Dives. These Cops enjoy seeing what we've dug up & leave saying have fun. When digging in other city's they are not as Friendly.
burnedSUV.JPG
BurnedTruck.JPG
CarInStreet.JPG
P1000712.JPG
TomInHole.JPG

Last edited:

waiting for codd

Reaction score
unless there’s an official law saying you cannot dig on city property then go there on a rainy day and dig an extremely clean hole. no glass should be left and the hole should be filled so it’s not noticeable. Doesn’t matter where your digging you should always fill in your holes otherwise you can wreck it for the rest of us

hemihampton

Reaction score
yeah, i always fill my holes in. BUT, Then I had other people come dig in my same area & leave big open holes everywhere & see nothing wrong with it. They actually got mad I filled my holes in.

Jimmy Langford

Reaction score
Luckily I usually dig in crack town gang infested area of Detroit where the Cops barely go. But on the Rare occasions when they have stopped & asked us what we were doing & we say Digging old Bottles they seem to not care at all, they got better things to do & say have fun, & leave. Met some Cops that are on the Diving team & collect Bottles them selves that they have recovered in Detroit River Dives. These Cops enjoy seeing what we've dug up & leave saying have fun. When digging in other city's they are not as Friendly.View attachment 231105View attachment 231106View attachment 231107View attachment 231108View attachment 231109
I feel like Detroit is the closest we can get to seeing how a American city would look like after a nuclear bomb was dropped. Detroit is really a problem, the old craftsman houses need to be bulldozed, but contain lots of asbestos and lead. The best way to take down these houses safely is to dismantle them but, that takes a exponential amount of time and money. Detroit would be a historical masterpiece if the old houses were thriving.

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Some Historic Houses & Historic Areas are Thriving like Corktown, Indian Village & now some Restoration in Brush Park Neighborhood. LEON.
BrushParkHouseBeauty.JPG
BrushParkBeauty3.JPG
BrushParkBeauty2.JPG
PaintedWall2.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora