O'Keefe OK Soda Dispenser Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
At an auction over the weekend I picked up what I thought was a soda dispenser bottle. The bottle is big, maybe 4 or 5 gallons. The embossing of "O'Keefe OK Toronto" is in fantastic condition. The bottle maker's mark looks like the Dominion Glass logo but has the capital letter "I" inside the diamond. There are two other numbers 21 and 58. I would love to know more about what I have here. I assume soda bottle of some sort.

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 412

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
At an auction over the weekend I picked up what I thought was a soda dispenser bottle. The bottle is big, maybe 4 or 5 gallons. The embossing of "O'Keefe OK Toronto" is in fantastic condition. The bottle maker's mark looks like the Dominion Glass logo but has the capital letter "I" inside the diamond. There are two other numbers 21 and 58. I would love to know more about what I have here. I assume soda bottle of some sort.
Water bottle.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Definitely looks like a water cooler bottle, never seen one of those put out by a soda company/brewery before though. Pretty cool if you ask me!
Oh and the I in a diamond is the Illinois Glass Company logo. Pretty unusual to see that one on Canadian bottles.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Great demijohn or carboy or water jug whatever you call it. It is a good one with embossing upside down so it can be read in the cooler.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

RCO

Reaction score
never seen it before , definitely from O'keefes which was a large Toronto bottler . not sure if they were known for bottling water back then . but whatever was in it for sure came from there plant

JKL

Reaction score
Definitely looks like a water cooler bottle, never seen one of those put out by a soda company/brewery before though. Pretty cool if you ask me!
Oh and the I in a diamond is the Illinois Glass Company logo. Pretty unusual to see that one on Canadian bottles.
Is there a way to date the jug based on the base?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Is there a way to date the jug based on the base?
Illinois Glass merged with Owens to form Owens-Illinois in 1929, so it should date before that. Though I'm not totally sure they stopped using the mark at that point, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

SODABOB

Reaction score
This is from a 1926 edition of an Illinois Glass Company catalog

Illinois Glass Company 1926 Catalog Water Bottles.jpg

This table is from sha.org - indicating the Diamond I was used between 1915 and 1929

Illinois Glass Marks Timeline sha.org.jpg

JKL

Reaction score
I appreciate the info very much. It was listed as a soda syrup jug at the auction and I thought it was cool. I'm pretty disappointed it's not soda related because I don't collect non soda. However it is a very nice clean bottle especially being between 90 and 100yrs old.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado