Oktoberfest beer can by Formosa Brewery

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this can in that new dump I was poking around , fitting I found it during October and its for Oktoberfest .

realise the pictures may not show it all entirely clearly , is 2 pics of front and 1 of side , the white and blue areas are surrounded by goldish colour . but you can see it was a Bavarian style beer and came in a 12 oz metal can

the Formosa brewery was a small brewery located in Formosa Ontario , it eventually built a larger brewery in Barrie Ontario . this can might be marked as being from barrie but its so rusted there I can't see entirely but does say Formosa

I think this can is from the early 70's based on the other stuff I found nearby at that dump , only found a couple cans from Formosa before and not found the Oktoberfest can before . but it was a popular brewery and eventually bought out by Molson

DSC04394.JPG
DSC04395.JPG
DSC04397.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
That can comes in a big Gallon size can also if I remember right, I might have it in a gallon or did have it in a Gallon at one time. Have a nice clean 12 oz. version also. LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
That can comes in a big Gallon size can also if I remember right, I might have it in a gallon or did have it in a Gallon at one time. Have a nice clean 12 oz. version also. LEON.

never seen the gallon version before but I don't really come across a lot of items from this brewery despite the fact Barrie Ontario isn't that far away from where I live

embe

Reaction score
That's awesome. A lot of Beer was drank (drunken?) at the Oktoberfest in the Kitchener-Waterloo region (South-Western Ontario)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky