Ol knowledgeable ones

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Warf rat

Reaction score
What you think? Age and contents

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 86

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It reminds me of those Crown Perfumery bottles, which contained lavender salts (a sort of 19th century air freshener, apparently). So I'm guessing yours likely held something similar, and dates to the 1890s-1910s or so.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Looks like, the only green one that I know of, Larkin Co. bottle. Very collectible but also quite a few out there. Usually embossed. --Bingo! Canadian bottles.

UnderMiner

Reaction score
It reminds me of those Crown Perfumery bottles, which contained lavender salts (a sort of 19th century air freshener, apparently). So I'm guessing yours likely held something similar, and dates to the 1890s-1910s or so.
Agreed. Same thought. They came in alot of styles and square with paper label is probably what Warf Rat has and the label has just disintegrated with time. Check the bottom for numbers to be sure, quite certain CrownP bottles had a diamond logo on the bottom as well.
s-l500.jpg

Warf rat

Reaction score
Thanks mine has M on bottom. What do you think the odds of the stopper being in the pile of dirt?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 67

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Thanks mine has M on bottom. What do you think the odds of the stopper being in the pile of dirt?
50% chance, but less likely to find it even if it is there. I can imagine people of the time keeping the stoppers as kids would probably have liked to have them.

Kaleb Pusateri

Reaction score
Looks like, the only green one that I know of, Larkin Co. bottle. Very collectible but also quite a few out there. Usually embossed. --Bingo! Canadian bottles.
My larkin is a clear one but it has part of the stopper in it but the whole top of the stopper is gone

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1