Old medicine bottle. Any info on possible value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sideways206

Reaction score
Looking for the possible value of this bottle. I found it during an internal demolition on an old building in downtown Seattle.

Attachments

• 20210603_204630.jpg
    20210603_204630.jpg
    905 KB · Views: 194

RCO

Reaction score
Looking for the possible value of this bottle. I found it during an internal demolition on an old building in downtown Seattle.

I'm having trouble reading the writing on it , might help if you posted all the info

but as seattle is a large city , unless its really uncommon I doubt its worth more than average

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I agree that it's probably worth somewhere around $20 unless it's a particularly rare one. Generally western bottles from that era tend to be more collectible than eastern ones, but drug store bottles are still typically pretty affordable.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Clear medicine bottles from large metropolitan areas tend to be more common and not very many folks collect them. I have noticed that when someone is collecting medicines from a state they want small towns. Demand overall is very mild unless they are colored or have some kind of interesting figure embossed on them like Owl Drug. I have always felt that these are highly overlooked by collectors and I don't know why. I pick up a lot of them and just store them away. Maybe some day they will be appreciated.

Sideways206

Reaction score
I'm having trouble reading the writing on it , might help if you posted all the info

but as seattle is a large city , unless its really uncommon I doubt its worth more than average
It says C.O. GUY
DRUGGIST
SEATTLE, WA

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
It says C.O. GUY
DRUGGIST
SEATTLE, WA
Hey, It is a G not a C. I did find this if it helps. I agree with the $20 appraisal.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

RCO

Reaction score
Clear medicine bottles from large metropolitan areas tend to be more common and not very many folks collect them. I have noticed that when someone is collecting medicines from a state they want small towns. Demand overall is very mild unless they are colored or have some kind of interesting figure embossed on them like Owl Drug. I have always felt that these are highly overlooked by collectors and I don't know why. I pick up a lot of them and just store them away. Maybe some day they will be appreciated.

I find here most druggist bottles are highly collectable and hard to find with the exception of some of the common ones from Toronto ( our largest city ) , you often see them for sale in antique malls for a long time so called stale merchandise

the ones from small towns would be especially hard to find , some I've never even seen in person before and rarely see online

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I find here most druggist bottles are highly collectable and hard to find with the exception of some of the common ones from Toronto ( our largest city ) , you often see them for sale in antique malls for a long time so called stale merchandise

the ones from small towns would be especially hard to find , some I've never even seen in person before and rarely see online
Great history with this bottle. That and being from the west as others mentioned. I did find a photo of the interior and a menu from guys.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Sideways206

Reaction score
Hey, It is a G not a C. I did find this if it helps. I agree with the $20 appraisal.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Awesome. Thank you

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi