Old medicine bottle. Any info on possible value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

willong

Reaction score
This is a perfect example of why people like old bottles. Not only the glass but it's the history. Glad I could help.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Nice bit of research Robby. There's a nice variety of information on that History Link site. Numerous articles on now non-existent towns, many of which were situated in what later became the Seattle Watershed and are off-limits to the general public today.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Nice bit of research Robby. There's a nice variety of information on that History Link site. Numerous articles on now non-existent towns, many of which were situated in what later became the Seattle Watershed and are off-limits to the general public today.
I love a good history site. Historylink.org is a great site. Thanks for the compliment. The hardest part was figuring out what the embossing actually said. Once I figured it was a G instead of a C it was easy.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Sideways206

Reaction score
I find here most druggist bottles are highly collectable and hard to find with the exception of some of the common ones from Toronto ( our largest city ) , you often see them for sale in antique malls for a long time so called stale merchandise

the ones from small towns would be especially hard to find , some I've never even seen in person before and rarely see online
Thank you. You are very helpful.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I find here most druggist bottles are highly collectable and hard to find with the exception of some of the common ones from Toronto ( our largest city ) , you often see them for sale in antique malls for a long time so called stale merchandise

the ones from small towns would be especially hard to find , some I've never even seen in person before and rarely see online
You'd be surprised at how cheap the Eastern Ontario ones are. I've built up a decent collection of them, including from smaller towns, without ever paying more than $10 for one. It's always surprised me how undervalued druggist bottles are apart from select geographical areas, but I'm not complaining because it makes them easier to collect!

RCO

Reaction score
You'd be surprised at how cheap the Eastern Ontario ones are. I've built up a decent collection of them, including from smaller towns, without ever paying more than $10 for one. It's always surprised me how undervalued druggist bottles are apart from select geographical areas, but I'm not complaining because it makes them easier to collect!

the lack of bottle or antique shows has made it tough to find anything new , our last shows were in spring/summer of 2019 which seems like a long time ago

the last big Ontario bottle show ( Toronto ) was april 2019

I've actually found some at yard sales here but has barely been any yet this year but should be some now that Ontario is re opening somewhat

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
This is a perfect example of why people like old bottles. Not only the glass but it's the history. Glad I could help.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

That’s amazing, what you just did! I think I need to use your search engine, whatever it be…. And your right. The more I research about any bottle , the more fascinating their stories, and history. Ball jar co? Horlicks? Leonard ear oil! So many. And that’s why we love the bottles. besides-A lot are just so flat beautiful & many handmade- then they have made it thru being tossed in the dump…. Treated like garbage! or maybe a privy-maybe get hit with a shovel or loader-(not to mention their time in the privy…..) getting a scratch out of the deal- tumbled, and possibly surviving earthquakes (Cali!);
giphy.gif

a bunch of cats or clumsy people…. Ya gotta respect that glass, no doubt. I do love garbage when I think about the whole picture….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi