Old Quaker info?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deesart

Reaction score
HI,
I have found a couple of ref. on Old Quaker labels; but nothing about a bottle.
This bottle is embossed with FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS SALE OR RE-USE OF THIS BOTTLE and OLD QUAKER with a picture of a man in a hat with wheat type grass. It has the seam all the way to the top of the bottle, so should be 1900 to present time. The bottom is embossed with ONE QUART and some letters and numbers.
Any ideas on what this might be worth?
Thanks
Dee

Qo39361.gif

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Qo39361.gif
    Qo39361.gif
    79.2 KB · Views: 769

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey All, If the bottle is embossed with, "Federal Law forbids..." it was filled between 1932~1964 "POST~PROHIBITION".
Old Quaker was a RYE whiskey that seems to been fairly common. I think that the "wheat" (embossed) is actually RYE grass. There is no certain value for this era/type. I am gathering information on these bottles for a possible guide. I have tracked a few of the Old Quaker at auction and IF they sell (seldom) it's usually only for a couple of dollars. With shipping, it means someone was willing to fork-over $6~$7. I would say it is a good entry level bottle for this possible "Future" collectible catagory.
I don't have the information about Old Quaker in front of me (cities, distiller, dates, etc.). I may try to post it later...Also feel free to see the thread in the "Collectors Chat..." forum about these bottles.
I hope this was a help...

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
most of the old quaker bottles came from lawrenceburg indiana they were shipped all over the country old quaker was eventually purchased by seagrams distillery hope i could help whosyer !!

lmtae2

Reaction score
I have the same bottle and a smaller one, the smaller one apparently had a wooded cap with a stake attached. I will try to attach pic. Take care.

Ay74769.jpg

Attachments

• Ay74769.jpg
    Ay74769.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 115

lmtae2

Reaction score
That may be wrong as I seen others with metal caps. Not sure why this bottle had the wood in it. Weird

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu