On Digging

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle_girl

Reaction score
Hi all, Bottle Girl here. I sure wish I could do some digging! I've seen some people with tons of neat old bottles that they "just found in the back yard". Anyone know of anything in the Oklahoma region, please tell me.
I have a question: my town has been around since the 1800s. I have seen photographs of my town from 1880-1920, and much of Main Street is the same today as it was then. The pizza shop used to be a pharmacy. What are the chances of finding anything if I were to dig under this building? Or should I not even bother?

Bottle Girl

bottle_girl

Reaction score
Thanx for the advice kawdog.
I live in a small town rural area too. The only pieces of my town that I know are old are the city park (where the police patrol all the time and its very protected) and right on mainstreet. I will look for old houses and stuff. Say, what marks and outhouse site anyways? How can you tell if there was one?

I would LOVE to go on a dig one day, on any kind, even if I only found a bottle or two, i'd be thrilled. I haven't heard of any other bottle collectors in my town, though, but I'll start asking around.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey kawdog,
So far I am the only member, but one day somebody around here will find it.
I signed up last month for your site, forum I guess. I at least know your out there. Once you get it going good, you should submit it to seach engines, etc. Another good idea is to visit my site, and at the top of the page is a link to the bottle webring. Join this and more people will visit. I can help more w/ ways of getting your site noticed, if interested and they are all free. Sorry not much time to write now, I'm going digging.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey kaw,
I never made it out to dig today, because it began raining as soon as I got offline. Yes, META tags are the key. There are areas-sites that you can submit your site to several search engines at a click. The bottle collectors webring, I mentioned above helps also. You should also post and try on other bottle forums, to get your site noticed. Some are on my links page. I also try to get permissions to have my site linked on other bottle sites. This can help as well. All of this, of course, is tons of work, but don't give up. It'll eventually pay off.
Those diggers in N. Orleans couldn't help you any? They must know some diggers north of them that they can refer. Also, you should consider finding and digging more privies, or at least looking. They can be very rewarding.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp