One picture how many can it appeal to?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

matthew lucier

Reaction score
I'm interested in how many people this one picture can appeal to. See something you collect or like? None for sale. Just curious if I picked the right bottles to show. Let me know if I left someone out. Yes, I know there are 2 pictures just tried to show the square one at 2 angles.
ec3c2010d6762790d1959a2243be1706.jpg
dc4edc593060a8548f057f70da0d025a.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

matthew lucier

Reaction score
I had quite a laugh at your post and shared it friends. Definitely and eloquently burned me for a picture of what seems to be a bunch of junk bottles. Mr.Dogo was your remark off the cuff? Or did you actually look at the bottles and determine they were junk? There are others that collect such bottles. Like the dove brand prepared mustard it's a rare jar and can be seen on worth point. Did you see the milk bottle? The ph # is only 4 digit's. I guess the Ball Mason jar and lid is junk too. You can see bubbles and imperfections. I mean they added the mouth and didn't line up the mold lines. Just one more; The 3 1/2 cc medicine bottle. You could not know that on the bottom of this bottle is K in a keystone 7 and J in a circle. Manufactured for only one year. 1932. Truly junk Mr. Doggo.....
Seems to me you and everyone else is always in a rush, never quite getting the point. If you collect something you should learn more about it than just the price. It's just more interesting when sharing your Junk....

20ec58835eaf169f0f2759735bc0b135.jpg

Last edited:

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
I apologize, 'Junk' is too harsh a word. I am a long time collector of pre ABM bottles and jars, so seeing a group of stained, ABM made bottles made me forget that many collectors today find them appealing. I should have known better than to apply my standards to someone else's interests. BTW, I do not see a milk bottle, I remember that as an Orange Juice, and incidentally, the Ball jar and lid do not match. I respond to these posts because I have accumulated a bit of knowledge over the years, and many of these posts are looking for answers that I could supply. Again, I apologize if my answer seemed harsh.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Honestly, as a pretty prolific digger, I had the same reaction as Dogo...I see three bottles that I might bring home with me from digging-the rest would go back in the hole. The only one I might keep myself if I dug it would be the milk (orange juice?) but that would be borderline as shelf space is always limited. The other two I would struggle to get $1 each for. Obviously everything we dig out there has some sort of history and can be pointed to as being unique in some way, but that is a deep rabbit hole. You invited comments/opinions and you got one. I suspect the silence otherwise is telling...but I do encourage you to keep posting!

hemihampton

Reaction score
For me the odd looking Milk type Bottle is slightly Interesting. I'd have very little Interest in the others but I'm sure many others would love them all. LEON.

bottles_inc

Reaction score
That dairy bottle is definitely interesting. Not what I collect, but hang on to it. Cool local piece

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I agree with Doggo -- these are back-in-the-hole, on to the next dig, sort of bottles. A 1932 machine-made bottle has no appeal for me, but I understand that some collectors get excited about ACL sodas and Beanie Babies. Good for them!

matthew lucier

Reaction score
Mr. Dogo
Thank you for replying to my defensive post. I really did share your post with my friends. Each one laughed as did I. And thank you for the info on the dairy bottle. Orange juice.... Huh .. makes sense as I viewed the company on Facebook selling all sorts of drinks.
I'm still not understanding why you and so many others refrain from posts that you could answer with ease. I myself have posted and I'm sure you have and gotten no response or a smartass answer.
Gives me no joy to defend my posts on a site that seems like a club but it's members act like rivals.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu