One picture how many can it appeal to?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

matthew lucier

Reaction score
I agree with Doggo -- these are back-in-the-hole, on to the next dig, sort of bottles. A 1932 machine-made bottle has no appeal for me, but I understand that some collectors get excited about ACL sodas and Beanie Babies. Good for them!
Harry if your going to agree with someone at least get their name right. It's Dogo. If your a collector how about posting a picture and history of what you do consider "worthy of you time and space". I like learning I don't like being ganged up on.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

matthew lucier

Reaction score
Very good Joelbest,,,how about a quote. "Most people hang on to things so tightly, never sharing for fear someone may take what they have; those things turn to dust it their care."
Know who said that, I said it.
I've witnessed it and I've witnessed people turning to dust before their things do.
Imagine leaving prized possessions to someone that tosses them in the nearest trash can. I've seen it. So, you my friend are correct, it is all junk.
Enjoy your junk. I think I'll go bottle hunting....
c8e5ee34a314b941f85349b8e6cf5cb0.jpg

matthew lucier

Reaction score
Apologies to Dogo and to you, Mathew . . . I think your Beanie Baby collection is perfectly charming.
And your entry, Mr. Harry Potter? If you even have a collection.....

Jamdam

Reaction score
A few comments are in order here. After spending time with this community for a bit, I find this site, friendly, informative, helpful, and full of people who want to share their love of collecting and help others with the same enthusiasm.

A better quote describing the mixed feelings of the posted bottles in this thread is “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure”. Not sure there is a direct attribution.

There is a reason there are multiple threads here including one for post 1900 bottles that encompass most machine made bottles.

People like different things and we should respect everyone’s tastes. That applies to those collecting rare blown pieces to those who like color and shape regardless of age or value.

I hope we can all continue to participate in a valuable and informative group with our comments always focused on encouraging the growth and enjoyment of our collecting commitments and pleasure with a focus on offering help and constructive advice when we can.

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
If you are not sure how much knowledge Harry Pristis has I am here to tell you that it's alot. Whether or not the bottles are old and collectable or just old that is up to you.

embe

Reaction score
...I'm interested in how many people this one picture can appeal to. ..

Well, if anything you asked an honest question and got an honest answer. I wouldn't worry about it too much, I think they look OK, but different strokes for different folks.

Some collectors would laugh at my meager collections, doesn't bother me none. I enjoy what I like, as do they.

Reaction score
I like them, that dairy bottle would have came home with me for sure. As for the rest...having been collecting "old" bottles from the time I was a kid, I get the keep everything mentality. BUT, at some point you have to thin out your collection and really specialize in a type of region of bottles or your house will look like an episode of hoarders. I like your display case that's nice!

Anyway quick story. Took a friend bottle hunting in a creek a couple years ago. I saw a small size cobalt Bromo, having piles of them I left it laying there. My buddy picked it up and thought he found a crown jewel. Long story short that little "junk" bottle made my friends day.

For you guys that made fun of these bottles, not everyone can afford or wants to collect 1850s or really expensive bottles. For me its the search, the bottles, the history, not the price tag.

matthew lucier

Reaction score
Eleven.
That one picture got eleven of you to post, good or bad that's how many were " interested".
If I was a statistician, I could say more were interested but I'm not.
I picked each of those bottles for a different collector. The first bottle was a small square jar that I thought looked cathedral for blank . The second and third, mustard jars I thought blank would be interested. I know blank collects milk bottles. And blank who inherited all the ink bottles from his dad would be interested in the sixth bottle. The medicine bottles were intended for blank. I threw in the mason jar and top because I know some collect the tops. The Mason jar is 110 years old, I thought for sure blank would be interested.
But I'm not mad I omitted the names to protect the guilty.
Laughter is the best medicine and when I have to laugh at myself, I laugh. The first post and the last post were the best. I shared the first post with all my friends and we laughed. The Last post was the way it is. I enjoy finding things and sharing the experience and I enjoy this site.
The things that interest you may not interest others. Enjoy the feeling you get from finding interesting things and then share them in a way that makes them interesting to others. As you can see that's a hard thing to do. You know who said that? I did.
As for me I have a new interest my beautiful daughter Pearl.
9aaa0e5cae9774ae5fa487a6faf7ab72.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18