Ongoing bottle finds at cannery site need help identifying daily!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
bottles had a way of traveling , so don't be surprised if bottles from odd places continue to be found there .

most of what your finding are soda bottles , if they were that far away , be no point taking it back home for the deposit , so a lot would of got tossed in the water

I'd imagine you might find some Canadian bottles up there , BC and Yukon are pretty close by

have you found any bottles marked as being from Alaska ? I'd be curious to see some of them

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
I have been unable To find info on this bottle.

Press bottling works

heel reads incomplete (Town name possibly rosalia)alia Wash.

Attachments

• 4A1CD305-958A-47CA-B20E-9B1491A80AB0.jpeg
    4A1CD305-958A-47CA-B20E-9B1491A80AB0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 258
Last edited:

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
I have a O
bottles had a way of traveling , so don't be surprised if bottles from odd places continue to be found there .

most of what your finding are soda bottles , if they were that far away , be no point taking it back home for the deposit , so a lot would of got tossed in the water

I'd imagine you might find some Canadian bottles up there , BC and Yukon are pretty close by

have you found any bottles marked as being from Alaska ? I'd be curious to see some of them
I have Been finding a Few OC Bottles unsure if it’s a Canadian OC though I will post that bottle tomorrow if you’d like? Most of the bottles are out of Washington which is where the steamship line was based out of. Your dead on about them throwing the bottles off the dock my theory is they bought them at the general store on the wharf sat and cracked a few cold ones and then played who can toss the bottle the farthest! I’ve also found Quite a few liquor bottles by the old brothel !

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
No

no dice yet on a Alaskan bottle there was a plant in Juneau they are very rare I’ve been told! Hopefully one of these days I’ll have some luck!

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
Belated bottle post from yesterday
A.L. Van Valey on bottom as well

Attachments

• E6A0C2BB-595F-4BE2-B79E-B95FE7CC4806.jpeg
    E6A0C2BB-595F-4BE2-B79E-B95FE7CC4806.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 242
  • 0B259EBC-1890-4362-B155-D2D57D3DA9DF.jpeg
    0B259EBC-1890-4362-B155-D2D57D3DA9DF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 253
  • FDB834F9-D144-4891-9C0D-31B083D8D077.jpeg
    FDB834F9-D144-4891-9C0D-31B083D8D077.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 219

RCO

Reaction score
That’s very cool information most of these bottles I find are from Washington.
we'd rarely ever see any bottles from Washington State here , unsure if there'd be any bottle books specific to that area , I'm sure there is bottle collectors from that area though

RCO

Reaction score
No

no dice yet on a Alaskan bottle there was a plant in Juneau they are very rare I’ve been told! Hopefully one of these days I’ll have some luck!

sometimes the local bottles can be the hardest to find but most rewarding when one finally appears

if it was on the route of a steamship line , I'd imagine they packed lunches or brought drinks with them when they boarded and when the ship stopped in port there , they tossed some of those bottles as there was no point taking them all the way home

I doubt stores in Alaska would of been selling local sodas from other states

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
I have been unable To find info on this bottle.

Press bottling works

heel reads incomplete (Town name)alia
i
sometimes the local bottles can be the hardest to find but most rewarding when one finally appears

if it was on the route of a steamship line , I'd imagine they packed lunches or brought drinks with them when they boarded and when the ship stopped in port there , they tossed some of those bottles as there was no point taking them all the way home

I doubt stores in Alaska would of been selling local sodas from other states
I’ve heard of places in Hawaii finding Alaskan bottles it will be rewarding to find a Alaskan bottle! I hope eventually I will be so lucky!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac