Ongoing bottle finds at cannery site need help identifying daily!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
Quality beverages

around the base:
Glendive Ice and bev. Co glendive Montana

Bottom:
Full half pint
G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 332
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 314

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
Hi Tristan,

I'd be happy to correspond further--though I'd probably do so somewhat haphazzardly until I get closer to caught-up on other tasks--is there a private massage function within this forum's site? I also participate on the "MT Unlimited" thread (related to Bighorn sheep hunting in Montana's unlimited permit areas) of Hunt Talk forum, and I'm familiar with "Conversations," which is a private message function there. You might find that thread interesting if you have ever contemplated hunting Bighorn sheep on a DIY basis. The odds are stacked against the hunter, but neither a tag draw nor hiring of a guide/outfitter are required. https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/mt-unlimited.265075/

When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1989, I had hopes that some Russian politician would institute policies similar to those than led to the rapid 19th century development of the USA. Russia sits upon vast natural resources, and opportunities for entrepreneurs would abound under a system which offered incentives for enterprising individuals. Unfortunately, the country has never benefited by an entrepreneurial mindset; and it is rife with corruption that stifles efforts of such if they are unprepared to lavishly grease palms.

"Rib eye of the sky" is an intriguing term that I don't think I've encountered before. I've seen Sand Hill cranes in the Milk River area of Montana--they're impressive birds. You've got me considering another adventure now.

Regards,

Will
Found another Montana bottle

RCO

Reaction score
the orange crush is neat , I've found a few that size before but always seemed to be broken

its crazy to think there is bottles from Montana up there , seems to be from a smaller town too. obviously someone at the cannery had some sort of connection to Montana , hard to explain how else it got up there

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Coca-Cola find
Code reads IR 45
no other marks
That's a nice Coke bottle, those American clear ones were only made for soldiers fighting overseas in WWII. I think it's fairly unusual to find them in North America, though they're very common on Pacific islands. Must have been some US soldiers at your cannery in 1945 or thereabouts.

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
That's a nice Coke bottle, those American clear ones were only made for soldiers fighting overseas in WWII. I think it's fairly unusual to find them in North America, though they're very common on Pacific islands. Must have been some US soldiers at your cannery in 1945 or thereabouts.
Thank you for that information! Alaska had a large military presence in ww2 based out of Seward so that does make sense. Also back in prohibition days there were maritime policemen out here stopping bootleggers. This platter was found as well that’s marked USMC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 336

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
the orange crush is neat , I've found a few that size before but always seemed to be broken

its crazy to think there is bottles from Montana up there , seems to be from a smaller town too. obviously someone at the cannery had some sort of connection to Montana , hard to explain how else it got up there
It would be interesting to know the story of how some of the bottles made it up here! If only the bottles could speak haha!

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
MOXIE
TRADEMARK REG.U.S.PAT.OFFICE

around base:
REGISTERED CONTENTS 7 FL. OZ.

bottom:
23 2•
4586G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 331
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 335

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
I have no clue what this bottle contained or any info on the maker.

around base:

Bottom:
E&J BURKE
(Cat with a owl like head and curled tail)
E. & J.B.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 326

AlaskanBottleDiver

Reaction score
I have not researched this bottle yet I also have one bottled in Concordia.

Min. Contents 6 1/2 FLU.OZ. BOTTLE PAT’D. DEC.29,1925

bottom reads:
Coca Cola Bottling Co.
SALINA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 319
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 324
Reactions: RCO