Opinions Requested

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Roy

Reaction score
Mine only does one bottle at a time. Just one is enough work, can't imagine doing like 5 or 10 or more at once? LEON.
2 at a time will do it for me. No plans to expand past that. Roy

Vinewood

Reaction score
Very cool, I have 2 homemade machines. One does 7 the other does 4 and I have a real jar doctor machine that does 6. I still have yet to clean all my personal collection. I have a couple guys that bring stuff weekly and only get to sneak in one of mine here or there.
I started off with a machine I built in the 1990's with two 8' parallel shafts that would turn 6 bottles. About 6 years ago I replaced it with a small Jar Doctor machine, then I added a large, then another large, and then converted my original small frame to a large frame and connected them all. I use custom pulley sizes to run the first one at "fast" speed for round bottles and the other two racks runs progressively slower for larger tubes and the last rack is for turning square bottles at "slow" speeds.
It gets to be a real chore putting bottles in and taking them out. Most times when I load it up I am running 12 to 18 at a time, with the big white tubes loaded up with 5 to 7 bottles turning "inside only".

Attachments

• RAV Machine2.jpg
    RAV Machine2.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 67
  • RAV Machine3.jpg
    RAV Machine3.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 69
  • RAV Machine4.jpg
    RAV Machine4.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 66

Roy

Reaction score
I started off with a machine I built in the 1990's with two 8' parallel shafts that would turn 6 bottles. About 6 years ago I replaced it with a small Jar Doctor machine, then I added a large, then another large, and then converted my original small frame to a large frame and connected them all. I use custom pulley sizes to run the first one at "fast" speed for round bottles and the other two racks runs progressively slower for larger tubes and the last rack is for turning square bottles at "slow" speeds.
It gets to be a real chore putting bottles in and taking them out. Most times when I load it up I am running 12 to 18 at a time, with the big white tubes loaded up with 5 to 7 bottles turning "inside only".
Vinewood,
That is one incredible setup you have there... I could never keep up with all those canisters. I can't imagine how much time and money you have invested in your operation. I work full time and this is a fun hobby for me , no plans to do more than 2 bottles at a time .
Thanks for showing us your machine.
Roy

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I always take them out. If the rubber is deteriorated they come out more easily. If it's got nice solid good rubber don't think you'll ever just pull it out. In that case I wouldn't tumble a bottles inside if I couldn't pull the stopper out of it. If it can be done with it left inside I never tried & would be afraid of some kind of damage if I did. As others said, they look good how they are. LEON.
If they don't come out easy, leave them in there it WILL get damaged I know that from experience. It was chipped up but not bad.

Attachments

• IMG_20230316_235135_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230316_235135_HDR.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 49

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky