Opinions Requested

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Merle

Reaction score
Taa Daa....

Stoppers pulled out and 48 hours in the tumbler with the Jar Doctor's final polish.

HUNT & MILLER
NEW MILFORD
CONN.
REGISTERED
36 H on the bottom.

G. KOEGEL & SON
REGISTERED
THOMASTON
CONN.
K & S on the bottom

Roy
Taa Daa....

Stoppers pulled out and 48 hours in the tumbler with the Jar Doctor's final polish.

HUNT & MILLER
NEW MILFORD
CONN.
REGISTERED
36 H on the bottom.

G. KOEGEL & SON
REGISTERED
THOMASTON
CONN.
K & S on the bottom

Roy
Roy, did you make all your own tubes and stopples for your machine you built? The first tumbler I purchase was homemade and the guy cut his own tubes and made his own stopples. They were hard to use so I bought all jar doctors material. It was like buying a whole new machine by the time I was done getting what I needed

hemihampton

Reaction score
Taa Daa....

HUNT & MILLER
NEW MILFORD
CONN.
REGISTERED
36 H on the bottom.

G. KOEGEL & SON
REGISTERED
THOMASTON
CONN.
K & S on the bottom

Roy

They look like brand new, were they just made Yesterday LOL. Leon.

Reactions: Roy

Roy

Reaction score
Roy, did you make all your own tubes and stopples for your machine you built? The first tumbler I purchase was homemade and the guy cut his own tubes and made his own stopples. They were hard to use so I bought all jar doctors material. It was like buying a whole new machine by the time I was done getting what I needed
I bought the canisters, stopples and most of the copper from the Jar Doctor.
I bought a tool cart from Home Depot and most of the rest is stuff I had hanging around and salvaged from the scrap at work. I really don't know how much money I have into it... probably could have bought a new one but then I would have missed all the fun of building it. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. Roy

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Looking good. However, I'll cast additional opinion. I haven't stock piled the replacement stoppers. Most of the stoppers already in my hutches are fragile. I doubt in this situation I would tumble those unless removed. Any who...

Roy

Reaction score
Here is my toy, its spinning along right now.

Roy

Attachments

• 20230117_123703.jpg
    20230117_123703.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230117_123805.jpg
    20230117_123805.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230117_123846.jpg
    20230117_123846.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 68

Merle

Reaction score
Here is my toy, its spinning along right now.

Roy
Very cool, I have 2 homemade machines. One does 7 the other does 4 and I have a real jar doctor machine that does 6. I still have yet to clean all my personal collection. I have a couple guys that bring stuff weekly and only get to sneak in one of mine here or there.

Attachments

• 04D2B9B7-F3D4-4BA6-8E68-3DED4EF2AB03.jpeg
    04D2B9B7-F3D4-4BA6-8E68-3DED4EF2AB03.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 64

Roy

Reaction score
Very cool, I have 2 homemade machines. One does 7 the other does 4 and I have a real jar doctor machine that does 6. I still have yet to clean all my personal collection. I have a couple guys that bring stuff weekly and only get to sneak in one of mine here or there.
Nice, that must keep you busy.
I only tumble my own bottles and I'm still learning. Roy

Merle

Reaction score
Nice, that must keep you busy.
I only tumble my own bottles and I'm still learning. Roy
It’s almost like having another job. I was splitting it up between days but load on Sunday’s and can unload Friday after I get off work. I’ve been doing a lot of bartering so my collection has come a long way the last year and a half that I’ve had these machines. I’m loving it

Roy

Reaction score
It’s almost like having another job. I was splitting it up between days but load on Sunday’s and can unload Friday after I get off work. I’ve been doing a lot of bartering so my collection has come a long way the last year and a half that I’ve had these machines. I’m loving it
That is a big plus... Roy

hemihampton

Reaction score
Mine only does one bottle at a time. Just one is enough work, can't imagine doing like 5 or 10 or more at once? LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi