Orange Crush Bottle ~ Bogard N.A. Ind. ~ Root 27 ~ 1927

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I'm usually pretty good at finding things but I can't find anything whatsoever regarding this Orange Crush bottle that a friend found in the California desert and gave to me. Its a 6 Ounce clear krinkly with the patent date of July 20, 1920 embossed on the front. On the heel it is embossed with ROOT 27 for 1927. But what's weird is the location its from, which is embossed on the base with ...

BOGARD N.A. IND.

I checked and there is a town named Bogard, Indiana with a current population of about 1,400 and in 1930 the population was about 1,100. Another weird thing is that the so called town or township doesn't appear to even have a store or other businesses and appears to be mostly farms and vast acres of farmland. As for the N.A. on the base, I'm not sure what that stands for and the only thing I could think of is that it might stand for North America. But if it does, I have never-ever seen that on a soda bottle, nor can I find a viable explanation for it.

If anyone is familiar with this bottle or knows anything about Bogard, Indiana, please let me know because I am totally stumped.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

(I applied some whiteout to the base to make it legible)

100_4742.jpg

100_4743.jpg

Orange Crush Bottle Patent - 1920.jpg

Last edited:

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S.

I spent several hours looking for any bottle from Bogard, Indiana and could not find one. In fact, Bogard doesn't even appear to be a town. ???

iggyworf

Reaction score
This could be nothing Bob, but could 'bogard' mean something else and the N. A. stand for New Albany Indiana?

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy

Thanks!

You could be right - that never crossed my mind. Maybe Bogard was the bottler's name. I'll look into it and see what I can find.

Here's what Google Earth shows for Bogard, Indiana. Which I believe is Amish country. ???

Bogard Indiana Google Earth.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy

I just did a quick search but nothing is coming up for Bogard New Albany, Indiana. I'll keep lookin' :confused:

iggyworf

Reaction score
Another thing, could that be 'Bocard' instead of 'Bogard'? There is people named Bocard in New Albany In.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy

Thanks!

That's it!

This is getting totally weird!

1. That's my identical bottle on eBay! Same chip and everything! Not similar! Identical!
2. My friend said he found it in the California desert. Which is near Yuma, Arizona. Which is where the eBay bottle ships from.
3. My friend suggested I apply whiteout to the base when I photographed it. I thought that was odd of him but I didn't think a whole lot about it at the time. It didn't have whiteout on the base when he gave it to me.

I guess I need to have a long talk with my friend and get to the bottom of this. How is it possible that my bottle is still being shown on eBay?

Last edited:

iggyworf

Reaction score
That's totally cool and weird. Bocard bottling works New Albany Indiana. Glad I could help on one for you.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown