Orange Crush Bottle ~ Bogard N.A. Ind. ~ Root 27 ~ 1927

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Correction!

I missed seeing it at first - but the eBay bottle closed in December of 2015 without any bids. So now I need to ask my friend how he came up with it.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Thats a old Auction on ebay & it never got a bid or sell. I don't see anything unusual? He couldn't sell it & then offered it to you. Seems reasonable. LEON.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy

Thanks again.

This is the page from the 1919-1920 New Albany, Indiana directory that you posted a link to ...

I'll let you know what my 'so called' friend has to say after I talk with him in a day or two. He spends the Winter in the desert and Spring and Summer in the mountains near where I live and just arrived a couple of days ago to get out of the desert heat. He has some explaining to do!

[ Definitely Bocard with a 'c' ]

Bocard New Albany Directory 1919 1920.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Disregard my last post above, did not see your comment about it being a old auction. LEON.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Thats a old Auction on ebay & it never got a bid or sell. I don't see anything unusual? He couldn't sell it & then offered it to you. Seems reasonable. LEON.

Except my friend is old-school and doesn't even have a computer nor does he know anything about eBay. ???

Canadacan

Reaction score
iggy

I guess I need to have a long talk with my friend and get to the bottom of this. How is it possible that my bottle is still being shown on eBay?
Because eBay has 'sell an item like this' feature do they not?...would they allow another seller to use same pictures?....

~The product catalog may include, at our discretion, select seller-generated images or photos from seller listings. Unless the seller opts out of this program, the inclusion of seller-generated photos in the eBay product catalog and the use of catalog content by eBay sellers in their eBay listings is authorized under the User Agreement

Oh...ha ha ...never mind I some how missed the comments above? lol :)

Last edited:

Photon440

Reaction score
iggy

Thanks!

That's it!

This is getting totally weird!

1. That's my identical bottle on eBay! Same chip and everything! Not similar! Identical!
2. My friend said he found it in the California desert. Which is near Yuma, Arizona. Which is where the eBay bottle ships from.
3. My friend suggested I apply whiteout to the base when I photographed it. I thought that was odd of him but I didn't think a whole lot about it at the time. It didn't have whiteout on the base when he gave it to me.

I guess I need to have a long talk with my friend and get to the bottom of this. How is it possible that my bottle is still being shown on eBay?

Although it does state that the auction ended over three months ago...

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I saw my friend yesterday who gave me the Orange Crush bottle and as it turns out I apparently misunderstood him about where he found the bottle. I say "apparently" because as I recall he gave me the distinct impression that he found it in laying in the dirt in the desert. He apologized for the misunderstanding and now claims he bought it in Quartzsite, Arizona from one of the vendors that set up booths there every winter. Quartzite's usual population is about 4,000 residents. But in the winter when snowbird retirees flock to the area the population often jumps to over one million. I've been through the area in the past and its a sight to behold to see that many RVs in one place. But it happens every year between March and November because its extremely cheap to set up camp in the areas provided for the snowbirds. Anyway, my friend said he bought the bottle from some lady who had a booth there but he had no idea who she was or where she was from. But in hindsight we now know that she lived in Yuma, Arizona, which is not too far from Quartzsite, and that she had the bottle listed on eBay last December. Please bare in mind that my friend is almost 80 years old and because I didn't want to hurt his feelings I took responsibility for the misunderstanding even though I honestly believe he said he found the bottle in the dirt and was probably trying to impress me. He knows I occasionally like to hunt for bottles and was probably trying to connect with me in that regard. As for putting whiteout on the base, that was my friend's idea that he said the lady recommended doing in order to make out the wording. When he first suggested doing that I wondered where he got the idea because he's not a bottle collector, but I went along with it anyway just to make him happy. So all in all its not big deal, we're still friends, and I got a pretty cool bottle for free from a friend I still respect and like despite any trivial misunderstandings.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Here's a glimpse of the Quartzsite RV area in winter. You can see the large vendor tent in the center. But this is only a fraction of the RVs that show up there every winter that spread for miles and miles in all directions ...

Quartzsite Arizona.jpg

iggyworf

Reaction score
Awesome, thanx for sharin bob! That looks like it could be a lot of chaos down there. lol!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac