Orange Crush bottle help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
How would I find out what there worth
Once, in my early days of collecting worldwide coins, I was looking in a coin dealer's 1900's junk box. I noticed a coin that I hadn't seen before and asked the dealer "How much is this?" He said 25¢. He then explained; "It's a very rare coin, but the collectors of that coin are even more rare!" We then laughed about the obvious truth of that statement.

So, for unusual-looking newish bottles, it's very difficult to find out from anyone how much they are worth. Perhaps no one knows.

Essentially, the only person who can show you an indication of much such a bottle is worth is the buyer of that bottle if you sell it.

So, you could try to sell one. You will need to guess at a selling price, or in an online auction, how much to put as the starting price.

You could start with some selling price, such as $200. If no one buys it, then you have learned something about what it's worth. Less than $200.

If you're a well-known seller, and the bottle is a well-known type, and you have evidence that collectors want to buy it, you could dare to set an auction starting price at 1¢. The price it sells for after the auction is done will give you a pretty good answer to "What is it worth?"

If you're less than absolutely confident about those things I listed above, then you'd have to try with a higher starting price; between 1¢ and $200.

As anyone here will tell you, if you don't intend to sell it, then what it's worth is what it's worth to you to continue owning it.

K6TIM

Reaction score
the brown Orange Crush bottle was around in the 50's.It later was phased out for the newer clear orange crush bottle.I have one just like yours!
K6TIM

cheromike

Reaction score
The heraldry of Crushie with arms spread is referred to as "Crushie expectant." Were he full, the reflection would be
on the customer being happy. Were he empty, the reflection would be the customer being desirous of returning the item for exchange.

baseballed

Reaction score
I'm glad I have read this post, because there are a few in my collection and need to look at closer. I've been a Coke bottle guy and have a good handle on those :). Enjoy your glass.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch