Orange Crush bottle help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jonnycrush

Reaction score
Hello everyone new member here. Been collecting orange crush for a about a year now. Bought Michael Rosman’s book to start my knowledge. I received this amber bottle recently and I’m a bit stumped. It’s not the acl that has me asking questions but the bottle it’s self.
It’s a 6oz, fully stippled bottle that is 7 7/8 inch’s tall. The ribbing is also that not of the normal brown krinkly bottle, but resembles that of the clear krinkly bottles. It also has what appears to be 0850 on the base on the bottle. Crush experts what do I have?
ED17463D-40B0-4B45-BC62-8E265D464BC4.jpeg
77E60E67-3AD2-4505-987A-68B94B8EB831.jpeg
BAFE8DFC-EAAA-496F-9F27-CB1951537331.jpeg
F771D5C5-48DF-43A3-932C-5123EF58D191.jpeg

Jonnycrush

Reaction score
Thanks. I not sure on the year because of the ribbing on this bottle. Its not typical for the amber crush and resembles the clear bottle pattern. I was to guess closer to the over lap period from the clear to amber, so possibly mid 40’s, but I’m not sure.

Truth1253

Reaction score
I have one it’s a beautiful bottle I assumed it was from the 50s not 100% sure but when I was a little boy I drink orange crush and I wish I was drinking it out of that brown bottle with the orange soda in it and the texture of the bottle. I love that bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadacan

Reaction score
So the front and back label are common style, it's not a squat because the label is centered. Appears to have tapered shoulders like the squat but it probably is closer to the 7oz class due to the height you describe, and yet it's marked 6oz on the base! The texture makes is an unusual example no doubt!
And the fact it has what looks to me as triple vertical flutes like the clear embossed have.
It is like a cross over of styles...and the extra 2 dots on the back add to the mystique!

Jonnycrush

Reaction score
It does have tapered shoulders, three vertical vertical flutes and it stands 1/8” taller than the 7oz class. I didn’t even notice the extra dots on the back. How old would this bottle be?

mrosman

Reaction score
Hi JonnyCrush, Leon, Ivan.... yes I am here, and thanks for the 'plug' for my book... if only I had the energy to update.... Your bottle, I believe is a 'squat' bottle - perhaps a variation, but from the picture is a bit hard to tell if the front ACL is below being centered. I think it is 75/8" (please check) as described in my book, p.63, most coming out of Springfield, MA., except yours. Your bottle fits all the features I have described except the vertical ribs extending up to the tapered shoulders and ending below three horizontal rings. These vertical ribs are described in the clear 'krinkly' bottles (cf. pictures, p.38) As Ivan has stated above, he feels it is not a 'squat' bottle for several reasons. For some reasons, your bottle looks like perhaps, a hybrid, putting together a bit of the 'squat' category and a bit of the 7oz., and even some features of the clear 6oz. vertical ribs.

Canadacan

Reaction score
It does have tapered shoulders, three vertical vertical flutes and it stands 1/8” taller than the 7oz class. I didn’t even notice the extra dots on the back. How old would this bottle be?
I'm going on an assumption that that the 7 to the right is indicating 1947....based off dating other bottles, and the fact the brown ribbed was not used past 1955.

Jonnycrush

Reaction score
Hi JonnyCrush, Leon, Ivan.... yes I am here, and thanks for the 'plug' for my book... if only I had the energy to update.... Your bottle, I believe is a 'squat' bottle - perhaps a variation, but from the picture is a bit hard to tell if the front ACL is below being centered. I think it is 75/8" (please check) as described in my book, p.63, most coming out of Springfield, MA., except yours. Your bottle fits all the features I have described except the vertical ribs extending up to the tapered shoulders and ending below three horizontal rings. These vertical ribs are described in the clear 'krinkly' bottles (cf. pictures, p.38) As Ivan has stated above, he feels it is not a 'squat' bottle for several reasons. For some reasons, your bottle looks like perhaps, a hybrid, putting together a bit of the 'squat' category and a bit of the 7oz., and even some features of the clear 6oz. vertical ribs.
Hi Michael, Thanks for your reply.
I have measured the bottle multiple times, as thought it was a different height as compared with other bottles. I hope this picture shows the height better. ON the left is a standard 7oz bottle at 7 3/4” and on the right is the only squat bottle I have. A left Mr Crushy standing at 7 5/8” I think the height difference is very noticeable that the middle bottle is 7 7/8” tall.
3B26F5C9-5BDF-4FA3-8CCC-3EAB04825E10.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora