Orange Crush Canada 6oz Crushy embossed variations

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
I Finally got around to detailing the tall 6oz Canadian Crushy bottles I have. When not detailed they pretty much look all the same, so I just wanted to point out a few major differences. I'm only discussing this particular bottle here because it keeps things simplified.
First bottle is from Consumers glass undated and features the reverse U, and has REG'D AUG. 22, 1922 on the reverse. The Crushy character has a shorter lower arm and a longer neck.
Second is from Consumers glass undated and has no reverse U, and has REG'D AUG. 22, 1922 on the reverse. The Crushy character has a shorter lower arm and a shorter neck.
The third is from Dominion glass dated 1938 and has no reverse U, and has REG'D AUG. 22, 1921 on the reverse. The Crushy character has a longer lower arm and a longer neck. Also the Consumers has a height of 22.1mm vs the Dominion at 21.9, yes it's only two mm but that is visibly seen.
The diamond on the Dominion is placed just slightly lower than the Consumers, and with the shorter Dominion in overall height the label sits about 5mm lower.
20210318_103140 - Copy.jpg

So I'd like to add in two more bottles, submitted from a very good friend of mine!...thanks for this!
The aqua color is from Dominion glass REG'D AUG. 22, 1921
The other with the most fascinating feature is the fact that the vertical lines extend through to the end of the top rings!,
that one is from Consumers REG'D AUG. 22, 1922 and has the reverse U.
Crush 6oz tall Canada.jpg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Well I have been searching for ads of these bottles but all I come up with was an ad from 1938 but it features what appears to be a US bottle with a left facing Crushy.
I still can't definitively figure out the first year these were issued in Canada but having one Dominion glass example with a date code of July 1938 is a start. I believe the earliest use of Crushy was 1929, and just for comparison I have a USA Crushy 7oz bottle dated 1932.

Medicine-Hat-News-February,3-1938-p-15

Medicine-Hat-News-February,3-1938-p-15.jpeg

east texas terry

Reaction score
Well I have been searching for ads of these bottles but all I come up with was an ad from 1938 but it features what appears to be a US bottle with a left facing Crushy.
I still can't definitively figure out the first year these were issued in Canada but having one Dominion glass example with a date code of July 1938 is a start. I believe the earliest use of Crushy was 1929, and just for comparison I have a USA Crushy 7oz bottle dated 1932.

Medicine-Hat-News-February,3-1938-p-15

View attachment 221634
REAL NICE

RCO

Reaction score
never seen an aqua orange crush bottle like that

did you see my post about an orange crush advertisement from the 30's from Timmins Ontario , one is a contest and other just features an embossed bottle ?

other than those 2 didn't really find anything else from that era for orange crush but a lot of other newspapers from Ontario I don't have access to , only a smaller # were on that library site .

the best ones seemed to be from Barrie and Timmins , also newspapers from Georgetown , Milton on that site but may be others

goldbeltbrewery38crush2.png

Canadacan

Reaction score
@RCO thanks..... Same bottle exact same rendition. Got a year on that advertisement? I'll bet it's also 1938.

RCO

Reaction score
@RCO thanks..... Same bottle exact same rendition. Got a year on that advertisement? I'll bet it's also 1938.

yes 1938 , that add and one for winter contest were from 1938 , didn't really find any other orange crush ads in that paper . but was so many papers to look thru there could be ads I missed

the contest ad seemed to be a local promotion but featured an orange crush bottle

RCO

Reaction score
I went back and found 2 more ads that mention or feature orange crush both are from 38 , couldn't find any others from other years

they both seem to be locally designed ads and one even features a pepsi bottle too . seems to indicate this bottler only started to bottle orange crush in 38

goldbeltbrewery38NN1.png
goldbeltbrewery38NN.png

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18