Orange Crush "Mae West" Bottles Pre 1960

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shadeone

Reaction score
OK all you Crush collectors... Need help figuring out some dates and to see if a few of these designs appeared in the 50s or not... My collection stops specifically at 1960 so I'm trying to narrow down which ones I still need...

There are 4 main front logos shown of the clear "Mae West" bottles in the Michael Rosman book:
d0lMST.jpg

My question is, when was the first appearance of all of them?

I know the upper right "Orange Crush" is what Crush started with in the mid 50s,
And the "Orange Crush Drink" logo, bottom right was used in select areas in the mid to late 50s...

But what about the upper left and lower left? I cannot seem to find verifiable proof of either logo on a bottle dated anywhere pre-1960s. If you Crush collectors could take a look at your clear Mae West Crush bottles and provide me with dates, it would be greatly appreciated!

mrosman

Reaction score
Hi Shadeone.... thanks for the 'plug' for my book. I have reviewed not only my book but also 'things' left over from the Mae West era.... your question is a tough one, and without multiple bottles in my hands now, it is hard to answer. Hopefully other O.C. collectors with re-look their Mae West bottles, especially the bases, and come up with answers for you. The era was certainly the mid-1950's into the early 1970's but I cannot really be more specific, as I said, without shelves full of Mae West bottles to restudy.... perhaps Ron Blair could help us.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis