Orange Crush-new variation!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
I have a new bottle today and a new discovery! This one is from Kewaunee Wis. dated 1937 made by Illinois Glass.
This is the 6oz variety with Crushy facing right, in the guide it states all of these bottles are 8 3/4 " tall, but this example is 8 1/4" tall.
It lines up with the height of the 6oz Crushy facing left with drips.
A new variation indeed!...at least in height :)
Also interesting to note that the orientation of the r's from the bottom r slant to the right because the O and C are directly above each other, the tall 8 5/8 Canadian Crush bottles are also orientated the same way.

20210811_095454.jpg

20210812_002419.jpg

Here it is pictured with my other two right facing Crushy and the left facing to show the identical height.
20210811_094205.jpg

Last edited:

Jonnycrush

Reaction score
I have a new bottle today and a new discovery! This one is from Kewaunee Wis. dated 1937 made by Illinois Glass.
This is the 6oz variety with Crushy facing right, in the guide it states all of these bottles are 8 3/4 " tall, but this example is 8 1/4" tall.
It lines up with the height of the 6oz Crushy facing left with drips.
A new variation indeed!...at least in height :)
Also interesting to note that the orientation of the r's from the bottom r slant to the right because the O and C are directly above each other, the tall 8 5/8 Canadian Crush bottles are also orientated the same way.

View attachment 228566

View attachment 228594

Here it is pictured with my other two right facing Crushy and the left facing to show the identical height.
View attachment 228567
Nice find!!! Love the Here’s how bottle, I’ve never seen it before, except in Michael’s rosmans book.
John

Canadacan

Reaction score
Nice find!!! Love the Here’s how bottle, I’ve never seen it before, except in Michael’s rosmans book.
John
Thanks john!...yeah cool thing about the 'here's how' is that was another new find of mine. In the guide you will notice the two variations shown have the 'Here's How' in upper case, while mine has the 'here's how' in lower case.
One other thing of note is mine has juice dripping.....I'm not sure if the other two in the guide really do not or if it was over looked, I'll need to check with a local friend on his bottles to confirm.

mrosman

Reaction score
Hi Ivan... always nice to have a surprise from you, with your extensive knowledge.... In my book on p.51, I do state "it is not clear is a shorter version exists," with reference to the right facing Mr.Crushy on the 6oz. As well the figure 'u' is frontwards, indicating Canadian, and yet the base is embossed Wisconsin. Your bottle has some of the hallmarks of the American 6oz. - clear, front diamond, hyphen between Orange and Crush and perhaps there are other American things like 'Pat'd' on the backside. Certainly your bottle, to me, looks like a Canadian 'hybrid', some of the features I have pointed out, and now you bring in another interesting feature - the height difference. I will be glad to see this written by you in the next book on O.C.... Regards, Michael

mrosman

Reaction score
Hi Ivan... always nice to have a surprise from you, with your extensive knowledge.... In my book on p.51, I do state "it is not clear is a shorter version exists," with reference to the right facing Mr.Crushy on the 6oz. As well the figure 'u' is frontwards, indicating Canadian, and yet the base is embossed Wisconsin. Your bottle has some of the hallmarks of the American 6oz. - clear, front diamond, hyphen between Orange and Crush and perhaps there are other American things like 'Pat'd' on the backside. Certainly your bottle, to me, looks like a Canadian 'hybrid', some of the features I have pointed out, and now you bring in another interesting feature - the height difference. I will be glad to see this written by you in the next book on O.C.... Regards, Michael

Canadacan

Reaction score
@mrosman Yes indeed it has those Canadian hallmarks, but the back is marked Pat'd with the July 20, 1920 date. Always fun to discover new things!
Thank you for your comments.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi