Orange Smash Bottling Works - Timmins Ont bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
another bottle that i found at the bottle show , if you remember i had spent some time looking thru some old newspapers from Timmins Ontario a year or so ago . but i don't recall finding anything on this bottler back then , its only listed as operating for a short period in the early 30's . knew there was an orange bottle from Timmins but didn't know what it looked like , think its fairly uncommon as i had never even seen it before .

Contents 8 oz clear bottle made by dominion glass , " Orange Smash Bottling Works , Timmins Ont "

timmins-orangesmashbottling.JPG
timmins-orangesmashbottling1.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Interesting, I wonder if they got sued out of business by Orange Crush.

Also, I totally forgot about that bottle show. I'd been thinking of going but thought it was in May for some reason.

RCO

Reaction score
Interesting, I wonder if they got sued out of business by Orange Crush.

Also, I totally forgot about that bottle show. I'd been thinking of going but thought it was in May for some reason.

i don't know was alot of orange crush imitators back then , nothing similar about there bottle and name isn't really that close either

the guy i bought this from had an entire table full of clear embossed soda's , all from ontario , some i hadn't even seen before , some more common

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
I have a deco Orange Smash. Its design is a basket-weave motif. On the heel of the bottle it says "Since 1915" on one side, and "The Orange Drink" on the opposite side.

Also on the heel are some 1/16 inch tall letters poorly formed. They appear to be: 24 S 1. The 24 is fairly clear, but the other two characters are not, maybe 40% readable. If it does say 24 S 1, then it was made around 1924 by the American Bottle Company.

No town or state is embossed on the bottle. It also does not have a capacity listed on it. It looks like a 6 oz bottle to me.

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
On this photo you can see the attribution on the heel. I used a bright spotlight to try to read it. The part that looks like an S is indistinct.
I don't know whether or not this bottle is related to the Timmins Ontario bottle.
Orange Smash.jpeg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I have a deco Orange Smash. Its design is a basket-weave motif. On the heel of the bottle it says "Since 1915" on one side, and "The Orange Drink" on the opposite side.

Also on the heel are some 1/16 inch tall letters poorly formed. They appear to be: 24 S 1. The 24 is fairly clear, but the other two characters are not, maybe 40% readable. If it does say 24 S 1, then it was made around 1924 by the American Bottle Company.

No town or state is embossed on the bottle. It also does not have a capacity listed on it. It looks like a 6 oz bottle to me.
I think it's pretty unlikely to be related to the Timmins bottle, not many Canadian soda bottles were made in the US. I'm guessing that they've got the same name because it's the most obvious name for an Orange Crush knockoff - Orange Squash sounds like a vegetable, and Orange Squish or Orange Smoosh are not particularly appetizing names.

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
Back in the 1960s there was a small Cherry Smash bottling building near where i lived.
I don't know whether or not the Orange Smash bottle i have was related to that Cherry Smash either.

Business was smashing back then, I suppose, both here and in Canada!

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
I found an ad for an Orange Smash in Florida. The bottle drawing in it does not look like the bottle i have.

Donas12

Reaction score
There is an art deco bottle from Quebec with the same name Orange Smash.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky