Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Owens Illinois with a 10

logan.the.collector

Dec 24, 2020
Tupper Lake, NY
I can see the bottle is an Owens Illinois bottle I just am not sure if the 10 is the plant code or what I am trying to date the bottle and find out a little abt it
10 would be a mold number or plant code. Owens- Illinois was founded in 1929 and used single digit date codes in the 1930s from what I have seen on my own bottles, and double digit codes in the 40s. I have seen some that break that standard though. The plant code I usually see on mine is 17 but I bet that 10 is for a different plant or for a mold.

Bottle 2 Rocks

Jan 29, 2021
glassbottlemarks.com a lengthy write up on owens illinois marks can be found on this website.
Different containers by them went by different numbers and codes so it can be pretty confusing.

Cokecounty21

Dec 3, 2020
10 would be a mold number or plant code. Owens- Illinois was founded in 1929 and used single digit date codes in the 1930s from what I have seen on my own bottles, and double digit codes in the 40s. I have seen some that break that standard though. The plant code I usually see on mine is 17 but I bet that 10 is for a different plant or for a mold.
That’s what I thought but wasn’t sure ! Thank you

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshLisa