Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Pair of Pontiled Hand Painted White Glass bottles What were they?

BottleQuestioner

Jan 19, 2014
Happy new Years, First post and new member so I appreciate any feedback and hope to give some feedback to the community as well. The Bottles in question were won at a local auction with a few pieces of other old glass.they are milky white all over, both are hand painted with flowers and bear a broken pontil mark on the base. They also have identical ground milk glass stoppers with a number written with black on them. [attachment=DSC_0035.JPG] [attachment=DSC_0031.JPG] [attachment=DSC_0036.JPG]

Attachments

sunrunner

Aug 10, 2007
there, talk,and probably florada water decanter,thate sate on a dresser or vanity .1850s or 60s.

ScottBSA

Jan 17, 2011
I would go with perfume or some kind of nice smelling stuff. Probably mid 19th century. Couldn't guess where.

BottleQuestioner

Jan 19, 2014
Thanks everyone for clues as to what these are. I had no idea at first and the only thing that came to mind where barber bottles , but not seeing many with stoppers like these ,perfumes or toilet/water bottles expanded my mind a little.

RED Matthews

Aug 2, 2008
Sarasota FL & Burdett NY
Well after all of my study covering the products of the Clyde Glass products, I am very sure they are dresser bottles for the ladies sweet smelling liquids. They are a little different in designs that I have seen from there, but very attractive and collectable. RED Matthews

RED Matthews

Aug 2, 2008
Sarasota FL & Burdett NY
I was typing here and did something wrong and got wiped out. After showing them to my better half - sh thinks they are Bristol Glass. Due to the ruffled stoppers and maybe the texture of the glass. She has good points. She has well over a hundred Bristol vases collected and would like to have these. I have searched for information on the making of bristol glass in books - without much luck. I did find coverage of the patented ruffle maker tools. The glass was made in many countries but started in Bristol England. RED Matthews

NHkeith

Apr 15, 2013
I have seen them sold as bristol also.. Nice pair. Its great when you get two that were probably sold as a pair 100+ years ago.. they traveled through time together, and end up in your hands as a pair...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bellman