Paper Label Butte, MT Beer Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ACLbottles

Reaction score
I picked this up the other day at a flea market and I have quite a few questions about it. It's a BIM, aqua, label only Butte Brewing Co. Export Pilsener beer bottle from Butte, Montana. It's a pretty large bottle; it's just over 11 1/2 inches tall. It has an unusual top for a beer bottle; I don't think I've seen one like it before. What is this style of top called? What type of closure would it have used? The base is embossed A. B. G. M. Co., which I was able to find means that it was produced by the Adolphus Busch Glass Manufacturing Company. This bottle is pre-prohibition, right? Would anyone happen to have an idea of what this bottle might be worth? I really don't collect these, so I don't really know what to expect as far as value goes. Thanks!
IMG_3075.jpgIMG_3081.jpgIMG_3080.jpgIMG_3082.jpgIMG_3083.jpgIMG_3084.jpgIMG_3086.jpgIMG_3087.jpgIMG_3091.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
It's got the same top as most other Budweisers I've seen from 1870's+. Forgot the name of the top. Looks like pre 1906 Label/bottle to me. Any Pre 1906 bottle Is very tough to find with a paper label. If the label was mint I wouldn't be surprised if it got $500+ in that condition maybe $100-$200 but just my opinion. others may vary. LEON.

botlguy

Reaction score
I really don't know but I suspect in that condition it's worth under $100. To me it's a crap shoot, I'd put it on eBay and let it go. It really is not that special, only because of the label condition.
Jim

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Yeah, labeled pre-pro stuff is hard to find. I have been collecting for years and only have one with a complete label. No embossing, but the complete label. The fact that the paper survived for over 100 years when it was designed to last a few weeks is remarkable in itself.
Scott

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I picked this up the other day at a flea market and I have quite a few questions about it. It's a BIM, aqua, label only Butte Brewing Co. Export Pilsener beer bottle from Butte, Montana. It's a pretty large bottle; it's just over 11 1/2 inches tall. It has an unusual top for a beer bottle; I don't think I've seen one like it before. What is this style of top called? What type of closure would it have used? The base is embossed A. B. G. M. Co., which I was able to find means that it was produced by the Adolphus Busch Glass Manufacturing Company. This bottle is pre-prohibition, right? Would anyone happen to have an idea of what this bottle might be worth? I really don't collect these, so I don't really know what to expect as far as value goes. Thanks!
View attachment 173007View attachment 173008View attachment 173009View attachment 173010View attachment 173011View attachment 173012View attachment 173013View attachment 173014View attachment 173015

There is a beer bottle from Stockton with a top like that and the one I saw had a Hutter style porcelain/wire/combo stopper on it....Andy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown