Paper label Pepsi

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

iowacl

Reaction score
Found these on a Facebook ad. Seller says one of the Pepsi's has a paper label. Every Pepsi bottle I have seen from this era is ACL. Rare?

I have included part of their description-
"Two Pepsi bottles from the 1940s and 50s. The 10 oz. has a painted label and the 12 oz has a paper body label. The 7up bottles from the same era are of varying sizes as indicated in photo."
1636239859206.png

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
I not entirely sure how "rare" it is, but most of the time, at least for what I've seen (which granted I'm not that experienced), the paper labels are gone and it's just the embossing. The acl one is pretty common but, again, I have never seen one with the paper label still on it. Plus it seems to be in really good condition.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've seen many Paper Label Pepsi's & have a few. LEON.

Burkenhill

Reaction score
Pepsi used paper label on their bottles regularly in the 1940's and with some bottlers into the very early 1950's. The one you pictured has much of the neck label missing which diminishes its value substantially. Pepsi used a number of different paper labels. The one shown in your picture on the 12 ounce bottle is the penultimate paper label used before finally going to ACL. Rick B.

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
Nothing to do with rarity, but I recently picked up a paper label PepsI with half the neck label missing. Turns out it was inside the bottle, and was dark brown from the paper absorbing the drink that was left at the time. Well, I got the label out, and ran warm water on it, and it looks just as good as the half that still on the bottle. Since I use plastic over the labels to protect them, it looks like a nice label and doesn’t even look like it’s ripped. Score.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky