Pardon My Intrusion

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slugplate

Reaction score
I know there are a lot more diggers, hunters and collectors out there, somewhere in the AB cyber-space. I, personally, would love to hear your stories. Bottle hunting, collecting and digging has to have more people out there who actually love doing what they do. I don't want to sound presumptuous, but isn't that what we do? Youtube is loaded with videos on the subject, has pretty good participation, and shares what they do, shares their knowledge, and shows what they acquire. I'd love to see more participation from a wide variety of new collectors to erudite collectors in the field. The way I see it, we all share the same passion and we should share the knowledge. Yeah, you may roll your eyes, not respond, or become frustrated with others posts, but let me remind you of where you started. What's new and exciting to others may not be your thing, but I don't think we're that hung up in how much we know over someone else. Share it, don't discourage or ignore it. Who knows, someday you may want something they have and they ask, "Who are you?"

Screwtop

Reaction score
I dug my first "dump" when I was 14. I found some 1930s screwtops and was all excited, but couldn't find a corker to save my life. Since then, I still haven't dug much, but I'm thrilled with whatever comes out.

slugplate

Reaction score
I dug my first "dump" when I was 14. I found some 1930s screwtops and was all excited, but couldn't find a corker to save my life. Since then, I still haven't dug much, but I'm thrilled with whatever comes out.
Exactly! That's the thrill of the hunt. Whether it's in the field or searching for one.

Bufflehead

Reaction score
As someone new to this I appreciate the post. I happened to stumble onto a site hiking and now I’m hooked.

bottles_inc

Reaction score
I post a lot of my dig finds over on the treasurenet bottles and glass forum, but I've been thinking about putting a few up on here for a bit as well. I used to post them on r/bottledigging on reddit in the form of imgur albums. I'll post the links below if you'd like to read them.

I originally got in to bottles from wandering around the forest. There were and are hundreds of bottles going back to the 50s on the floor, and I started picking up the cooler ones. Looking in to it online I found out about bottledigging, and it went from there. This is an album of my first ever bottle finds.

slugplate

Reaction score
Nice! The early ale bottle in the fist pic is really cool. Looks like a U.K. bottle. The other beer is quite nice too. Is that one an applied crown top?

bottles_inc

Reaction score
Nice! The early ale bottle in the fist pic is really cool. Looks like a U.K. bottle. The other beer is quite nice too. Is that one an applied crown top?
The Brooklyn Brewing's applied, yeah. I found an aqua color variant in brooklyn itself semirecently, that was cool. Those pictures are albums btw, theres around 15 images in each. The last 3 bottles in the day 4 album are among the best Ive ever found

sandchip

Reaction score
Just to clarify, the Brooklyn Brewing is hand blown, but the top is tooled, not applied, having been blown in a full height mold. Nice finds and thanks for sharing.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac