PayPal transaction

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
And if you visit the seller boards at Flea-bay then you do know about all the sellers who warn newer sellers to have a special bank account that is just for use by pay pal, and not used for anything else. BECAUSE those accounts have been frozen (using their term) by pay pal for reasons not readily apparent to the user of said accounts (using their statements of fact). If the problem of " Frozen" accounts was Bs there wouldn't be such a vast discussion of it on ALL the community boards of Flea-bay. So don't come on here and tell me I am posting Bs statements when I am only letting users here know of the perils of using pay pal. Because if it is Bs then one heck of a lot of flea-bay sellers are having a lot of problems that are apparently not real according to you. Pay Pal may get the authority to freeze those bank accounts which are tied to their system I don't suppose that you really know that seeing as you are not with or an authority of pay pal...........Andy

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Lmao, First off,'Bank' account= an account you open at a financial institution'PayPal' account= an account you open online with PayPal (which is not a bank) I know they can't post anything on the internet thats not true [:)], but if someone says paypal or anybody can just freeze an account opened at a financial institution without due process and for 'undisclosed' or 'unknown to me' reasons, and you come on here touting it as fact because you read it on the internet, then yes, you are not only posting BS, but stating it as "true fact". Your patent dislike of eBay & paypal is quite apparent, to each his own, but certainly there are more than enough true negatives about paypal you can use to spread your message rather than resort to these methods?

DeepDown

Reaction score
Digger... You would be wrong.. Pay Pal can freeze any bank you have attached to Pay Pal. It's in the user agreement you sign opening the account... Like most people I never knew it, until it happened to me... It a Freeze/ hold on Pay Pal and whatever is tied to it... which mine was only checking account with checking debit card as the CC. BUT got froze for no good reason.. The Ebay account was still open... was still selling... But Pay Pal & checking was froze... It Just like if your selling and you have to do a refund... and if money not in Pay Pal in certain time... they'll just take from the bank account.... Same goes as freezes.. And like I said... It was Pay Pal problem... Not an Ebay Problem. Ebay was open and still selling during those 10 days. And Pay Pal excuse was they wanted to make sure all my items, I had... Never got any questions from them... That's why I think and from what I read from others... Gov or police make them do it... So they can run numbers, etc... make sure everything legal... It only seems to happen when your pulling in lots of money from lots high volume sales in a month or if you selling an item they THINK may be stolen (items that have a rep from being stolen a lot).... Happens many to people who selling electronics, computers, License plates etc.... Which I was selling tons and tons of Vintage Car radio's 30's - 70's).. But was on tail end of them.. I picked truck loads and truck loads of them when GM plants close down in Anderson IN. Got them dirt cheap at auction.. Made a killing with them... BUT PAY PAL only told me... wanted to make sure I had the items, I had listed in my store... And both Checking and Pay Pal was froze the exact 10 days they told me it was going to be.. no more, no less (except when let me get my money out)... then was right back on as normal! that was 3 yrs ago.... Maybe they change rules since then.. But WAS ok, for them to do at time... and Think it still is.. You give them right to do it, when you ok the user agreement when opening your selling Pay Pal account.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I have nothing against pay pal and stated such fact in my first post. I do not sell on e-bay and do not have my banlk account attached to my pay pal account. If I do not carry enough money in my account to pay for the bottles I get thru e-bay pay pal will not pay the seller and I will get anonpaying buyer gig on my record. I am saying that IF you have a pay pal account tied to a bank (financial institution) and pay pal freezes your pay pal account, then the bank account attached to that account is frozen also. You cannot use it until pay pal and whomever has caused the action in the first place are satisfied. and apparently Deep Down has had this problem whether you choose to believe him or not. BUT knowing a seller who had this problem I choose to believe him. maybe frozen isn't the best term to use for this action, but it pretty accurately tells you what happens to your account. nuff said, just be careful folks, about what account you attach to your pay pal account...........Andy

DeepDown

Reaction score
BTW - I don't hate Ebay or Pay Pal.. I made a lot money with them in my time with them (have great true stores of items got cheap, almost nothing cheap,, had no clue what I had, until it sold sky high) .. But when I started getting burnt from their new (at that time) buyer agreements... I was time for me to quit. my last 2 months.. was getting people returning packages with cheap paper books to add weght to box.. and said they returned the stereo... They got the stereo, shipping cost of item... and lost a great stereo and stuck with shipping cost. Stereo's not cheap to mail. Had 1 lady who bought 40's Disney clock still sealed, from Disney world... Got her money back, Because it ran slow, didn't keep right time... Wasn't meant to be open... it was from 1940's... Their new buyer agreement didn't work with my items.. everything very vintage.. was getting burnt all of sudden... Made it time to quit... Too much work involved for 1 person who doing high volume of sales... and then deal things like that.. too much for me... And it was the Friend I was playing Evony online with who high up with ebay... Who helped get my money out while froze.. Ebay was my side. Even the Pay Pal guy we talked with ... Let me know.. He was bending the rules for me.. I was extremely happy for that... But their reason made zero sense.. They couldn;t do anything about it.. had to stay froze.. Like it was automatic thing that set up off to freeze... Either amount Money or items.. was out their hands.. Something sets it off... And it froze both Pay Pal & the Checking account hook to it - FACT!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I don't know Eric, but hopefully after reading this post (if they did) they attached a pay pal only bank account and so wont get gigged too badly if something happens............Andy

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac