Pennsylvania farm finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I have a early 1900's Owens Illinois glass co. Catalog that shows they were still selling those 1858 Mason Jars at that time. So they were probably making & selling those Jars for over 50 years which explain why so common. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
That just means the earlier ones were ground lip while the newer ones were not. Of course the Catalog is not going to specify something so insignificant in my opinion & it doesn't. LEON.

cskline

Reaction score
Nice jars! I have an uncle who lives in York Co. Pa. And has a dump on his property that he said I could dig! There used to be an early 1800s maybe 1700s farmhouse nearby and the dump was like directly behind it. Can't wait to see what I get into!
York County Pa here. Trying to get onto a property where I KNOW there are some older, local milk bottles. Just have to get around to asking.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
York County Pa here. Trying to get onto a property where I KNOW there are some older, local milk bottles. Just have to get around to asking.
That's a nice old County. York was loaded with daries at a time? Sad how things have changed. Now very few daries, some doing everything they can (more often a second or third job) to keep a business that has been in the family for generations.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

willong

Reaction score
That's a nice old County. York was loaded with daries at a time? Sad how things have changed. Now very few daries, some doing everything they can (more often a second or third job) to keep a business that has been in the family for generations.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Only change is constant.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too hung up about a decade or two difference in related artifacts found, especially when it comes to fruit jars. Their varied closures often reflects changes in technology. This often throws the losers into new roles. Ex. old favorite/catchalls. When the primary user goes, the jar is out of its place compared to its geographically related nearby artifact friends...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky