photo hosting for html bottle auctions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
so, I've used photobucket for 7 years at least now to host all my pictures for ebay auctions and posts here. They have decided to change photobucket so that the drones will find it more user friendly for social media, and in doing so have completely changed the interface and dropped all the link generators I used. I'm pretty pissed off but then again it was free so who can complain? Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest another photo hosting site that easy to use and generates full size html links with html code written into the links to center the pictures?

AMChandler

Reaction score
I don't know if it does everything you are looking for, but Flickr is a pretty good site. You'd probably need a pro account which is about 25 dollars a year.

botlguy

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not understanding but I've sent 1,000s of pictures to eBay right off my computer. I believe that as long as you don't want to share the pix with the entire web, this system will work fine. Am I missing something?

tigue710

Reaction score
ebay's photo hosting cost money after a certain amount of pictures, but more importantly the quality just isn't as good as using html and embedding the pictures in your description, in my opinion.

I guess the beta version of photobucket is just a little buggy right now and the link options I use will be added back to it... I needed to list items this week but I guess I'll have to wait...

madpaddla

Reaction score
Tigue....noticed the same thing with Photobucket. I tried switching back to the old version but couldnt. And yes not having the html codes in the middle of the picture is a pain. Huge pain. I also had a problem finding new uploaded pictures. So I came up with a system that works for now till I find another host site, btw I will tell ya about it when I find it.

Instead of finding the codes in the pictures, your gonna have to click on each one. Yes a little ...screw it ...a lot more time consuming but as with anything it gets faster the more ya do it. Its a few more clicks then the old system but its all we got for now.

Why did they have to go and change it ! ! ! ! !

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I used the 10MB provided with my Comcast and Verizon accounts for years. Verizon stopped allowing FTP so I tried phtopail. Slower than molasses in December.
Verizon is worse though, you have to create pages and upload the pics into them. It's too much work.
If you find something let me know.

tigue710

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: madpaddla

Tigue....noticed the same thing with Photobucket. I tried switching back to the old version but couldnt. And yes not having the html codes in the middle of the picture is a pain. Huge pain. I also had a problem finding new uploaded pictures. So I came up with a system that works for now till I find another host site, btw I will tell ya about it when I find it.

Instead of finding the codes in the pictures, your gonna have to click on each one. Yes a little ...screw it ...a lot more time consuming but as with anything it gets faster the more ya do it. Its a few more clicks then the old system but its all we got for now.

Why did they have to go and change it ! ! ! ! !

Thats what I'm dreading Ben! one at a time... and it seems photobucket was one of the only sites that had bulk linking like we are used to. Worry not bud, they are going to fix it and make it easy to use like it was before, its just the beta version that is messed up.

so this is how it will work, After downloading pics to your library you click the organize link in the top left above the pics. (you must have quick linking turned on in your settings). It will take you to the organize area. There will be a bar down below under the page with different options, link being one of them, (at first mine had this, now its gone), to select multiple photos there is no longer a check box, you have to hold down Ctrl to select multiples... its a little more complicated then it used to be, but if their new software is going to be quicker like they promise it ought to be alright I guess... IDK...

coreya

Reaction score
You can still generate multiple img codes in the new photobucket, you have to go to the album then to ORGANIZE then select which pictures you want using ctrl select, then at the bottom hit link and chose img codes, html etc just like before. hope this helps.

100_0592.jpg

100_0593.jpg

100_0600.jpg

100_0601.jpg

100_0602.jpg

100_0603.jpg

100_0604.jpg

100_0571.jpg

100_0581.jpg

100_0582.jpg

100_0583.jpg

100_0584.jpg