Picked up Killer Rare Bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mitchd

Reaction score
Very Interesting. Good to know another one is out there (or maybe not) Curious, Did you find it on the surface out in the open or was it buried & you had to dig for it? Mine was Buried 4 feet below in a Privy. LEON.
I found it probly 200ft from the Ausable river on a steep incline with 3in of the bottom of the bottle sticking out. I saw other broken glass, but I was only mushroom hunting that day.That whole area has alot of forrest leaf clutter I'm guessing I should go back there someday with a rake. I'm thinking back in the day they used to throw their trash & bottles down hillsides away from town.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I been all around that area many times. I used to ride my Dirt Bike all along the Trails along the River near Foote Site Dam when I was a kid in the 1970's. Spent most my Summers up there in the 1970's since my Grandma & Grandpa lived in Au Sable on south side of River. But even back in the 70's everybody just seemed to call the whole area Oscoda if you were North or South of the River. My Grandparents lived on Smith Street. Most of AuSable & half of Oscoda burned down in 1911. LEON.

P.S. Do you still live in Oscoda? I was just up that way at Beer Can Dump at Halloween 2 + months ago.

Mitchd

Reaction score
I been all around that area many times. I used to ride my Dirt Bike all along the Trails along the River near Foote Site Dam when I was a kid in the 1970's. Spent most my Summers up there in the 1970's since my Grandma & Grandpa lived in Au Sable on south side of River. But even back in the 70's everybody just seemed to call the whole area Oscoda if you were North or South of the River. My Grandparents lived on Smith Street. Most of AuSable & half of Oscoda burned down in 1911. LEON.
Yup it sure did burn down I know of 3 buildings that made it through the fire, I live on Van Etten lake in Oscoda. What may have been in them Gouliat bottles?

Mitchd

Reaction score

P.S. Do you still live in Oscoda? I was just up that way at Beer Can Dump at Halloween 2 + months ago.
Yes I still live in Oscoda (I missed the P.S. part ) I've lived here 17yrs but been coming here since the 70s. I saw your Trombley bottle funny thing is I moved here from Bay City there's even a Trombley st & a school in Bay City. I have a old Kolb bottle.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I looked for old Bottles around the Old Van Ettan Lake Lodge, Didn't find any, did find foundation of the old Dance Floor though. The Quart size Hutch Bottle Root Williston was also from Bay City. Here's a Goulait Ad from a Tawas Newspaper, Seen a few of his Ads in Tawas Newspapers so Assumed he shipped alot of Goulaits there. LEON.
T.GoulaitAd.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
Mitchd, are you still in here? Sent a P.M. (private message) to you in here the other day & waiting to hear back from you? LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi