PIN MONEY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woody

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Pinmoney

Pin Money Pickles was my great-grandmother's business. According to family lore, in order to earn "Pin Money", she made pickles from a recipe handed down from her grandmother. She sold the pickles at county markets and to friends and neighbors; building her little enterprise into a business that provided a variety of pickle products throughout the country. Pin Money Pickles was sold after she passed away around 1930. Pickles marketed as Pin Money were sold into the 1960's by a company located in Mass. but are no longer available to my knowledge.
I would love to see anything associated with Pin Money Pickles.

Do you have her recipe she used to make the pickles???
If so I would like to have it.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Talking about silver.When I was in first or second grade, my mother started giving me quarters for lunch that sounded different.Well, my teacher somehow found out.For a good three or four weeks, she would exchange my silver quarters for her regular quarters.I never thought much about it till I was much older.Come to find out, my dad had lost his job and my mother was giving me silver quarters that her grandmother had given her.This was in the early seventies.This was right around the same time my mother sold a beatiful pontiled umbrella ink for $500.00.It was purple.It`s funny the things you remember when you were a child.I remember that bottle because the color reminded me of candy.It looked good enough to eat...[;)]I so wish I still had that bottle.[:(]

bazookadoe

Reaction score
I found your post while googling 'Pin Money Pickle crate'. I got one this afternoon at an auction. It's quite old with mention of not having the best until you've had Pin Money and unusual 'excelience' - the misspelling is the crate's, not my own. Any interest in it? It also cites Richmond, VA and E.G. Kidd so it's clearly a Virginia original.

Dori

farmerdan

Reaction score
When I was a kid my best buddy had one of those - the 16 oz with the flared lip. I think it came out of the big ol' brick cistern we (partially) dug out. It was on the grounds of the Gillette (razor blade fame) house estate. Ton of stuff came outta that pit! Too bad the 'dozers got there before we ever got it finished..... We always wondered what "pin money" meant......kinda funny to find out nearly 25 years later. [:)]

Farmer

Pinmoney

Reaction score
Sadly, the family does not have a recipe; however, you might check Cooks.com that provides a Pin Money Pickles recipe. I don't know the recipe's provinence but I think I am going to give it a try.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac