Pine Ball Deluxe Jar and 4TF Hazel-Atlas Jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newbloomfield

Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought two Pine Ball Deluxe jars and a Hazel-Atlas jar with 4 TF ligature (see attached photos). I wondered if anyone could give me an idea of what they might be worth? thank you

Attachments

• IMG_4369.JPG
    IMG_4369.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4370.JPG
    IMG_4370.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4371.JPG
    IMG_4371.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 193

coreya

Reaction score
your TF is a # 2820 in the red book listed as 4-6 and was made by the hazel atlas co for the j. hungerford smith co. The pine deluxe is a # 2366-1 listed at 6-8 bucks.

Newbloomfield

Reaction score
thanks very much, I was unaware there was a red book . . . could you possibly give me the name of it and the author(s)? I would say that the way the dollar is going one might need to adjust the prices somewhat. You can hardly find anything at the grocery store for less than $4 these days. Walmart wants more than $6 each for a box of 6 half-gallon mason jars. Seems like a fruit jar that is almost 100 years old might be worth a bit more . . . it is to me at least.

coreya

Reaction score
The site is Redbookjars.com the author is Douglas Leybourne. As for value of jars they are subject to the individual wants of the collector however when you take into account the quantity of a particular jar made that effects the value regardless of age. Good luck with your collecting. :D:D:D

Newbloomfield

Reaction score
Thanks very much! Just to be clear, I wasn't questioning the value placed on the items by the Redbookjars book, rather I was suggesting that the value of the dollar is noticeably decreasing. And of course, it depends on where you purchase something . . . finding it in an old box on Craigslist is quite different than going to a fancy store.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum